We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hike and Kayak Advice

Naperville, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Hike and Kayak Advice

I've never been to Door County but have heard great things. I'm looking for a place to go that would allow me the flexibilityof spending a night or two hiking & camping followed by a day or two of kayaking. Is it possible? Any parks or suggested routes?

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hike and Kayak Advice

Camp, hike and kayak in Peninsula State Park, hike in Newport State Park, and hike and kayak at Whitefish Dunes State Park and adjacent Cave Point County Park.

Visit doorcounty.com for more information.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,274 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hike and Kayak Advice

On the upper right section of this page under the heading Top Questions, you'll see a link to a thread regarding hiking in DC. It's a terrific area for these types of activities. I have good friends who love kayaking in Door County, in fact there's an event he attends every year up there.

If you're interested in Peninsula State Park, it's one of the most popular camping sites in the state, so plan accordingly.

3. Re: Hike and Kayak Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Door County