We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going this weekend! Question about Pumpkin Patch festival

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Going this weekend! Question about Pumpkin Patch festival

I'm so excited; I'm leaving on Friday for a long weekend in Door County. I have a question for those of you in the know. I've never been to the Pumpkin Patch festival. I checked the website for it, and there's not a lot of info. Is there anything in particular you'd recommend to do or see at this fest? I used to always come for the Sister Bay fall festival, so I'm familiar with that, but not with Pumpkin Patch. I'll be traveling with my husband, a couple of friends, and our three elementary-age kids. Thanks! :)

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going this weekend! Question about Pumpkin Patch festival

Just go to the festival, you don't need to plan anything.

chicago area
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Going this weekend! Question about Pumpkin Patch festival

Plan on it being very, very crowded.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going this weekend! Question about Pumpkin Patch festival

I'm back. Door County itself was lovely. Pumpkin Patch festival was no great shakes -- a few bands playing, some food booths, about two dozen vendors with tents (if that was a "juried" craft fair, I'll eat my hat), and inflatables for kids to jump on. Fortunately, the Townline Art Fair was also happening that weekend in Ephraim, and that was worth seeing, and many of the galleries and shops had sales. Colors hadn't peaked yet but that was OK -- it was still scenic, and the weather was not too cold; only one day of rain. Peninsula State Park not too crowded; had a nice dinner at Helsinki's; saw a play at Peninsula Players; had some wine at Simon Creek. Great weekend overall.

4. Re: Going this weekend! Question about Pumpkin Patch festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Door County