We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants with a Local Flare

Owatonna, Minnesota
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants with a Local Flare

My wife and I are heading to Door County for our 26th anniversary in a few days. This will be our first trip to Door County. I have been searching through all the reviews and posts on Tripadvisor for several weeks to plan our getaway. I still have a few questions that I hope to get some help with. I realize that the posts depend on personal taste and are just one person's opinion but I have found great information for past trips. I will ask my questions in separate posts to make it easier to respond and for others to follow. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.

We would like to visit restaurants with a unique or local flare, places we can't find around home. We like good food and great service but would not consider ourselves to be foodies. We are not really into fancy or trendy. Are there any places that you would recommend and for what meals? Any can't miss coffee shops or ice cream shops?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurants with a Local Flare

TSV, I'm glad you had a good experience at Pelletier's. Unfortunately, I have been there many times and the food and service declined a little bit more each time, culminating in truly unfriendly service on my last visit (for which I wrote a review). There are too many other restaurants in Door County that have consistently good food and service, for me to want to continue giving Pelletier's another chance.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,139 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurants with a Local Flare

Understood. I was just curious if it was recent. I'm sure after a few declining experiences, I'd write a place off too.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,204 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurants with a Local Flare

I'd add Grasse's to the list in Sister Bay. They seem to try to use a lot of local items. Plus, this thread deserved Bumping to bring it to other people's attention.

Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Restaurants with a Local Flare

I had an open faced brisket sandwich at Casey's BBQ and Smokehouse in Egg Harbor that was absolutely delicious. I also love grabbing some smoked fish to snack on at Charlie's, way up in Gills Rock.

15. Re: Restaurants with a Local Flare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 06, 2014