We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay with great views/scenery

Orfordville...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Places to stay with great views/scenery

I am planning a trip to Door County for the end of April or beginning of May. I am looking for a place with reasonable rates, preferrable with a gas fireplace and whirlpool, and great scenary. I do not care if it is in town or not. I love nature and want great scenary to look at. What does everyone suggest? Some I was looking at include the Baypoint Inn, The Coachlite Inn, and The Stettlement Inn.

Thanks in advance for opinions!

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,136 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Places to stay with great views/scenery

http://www.waterburyinn.com/ There is a thumbnail picture to the right and below on the Waterbury site of an overview from above in Fall---definitely looks dense and woodsy immediately surrounding Waterbury. So I don't think you can go wrong there.

WI
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,136 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Places to stay with great views/scenery

going back to reasonable rates and the things you mentioned wanting in a stay the Door County MOON guide suggests http://www.applecreekresort.com/ So perhaps this would be a good one to look into.

Another with reasonable rates:

http://www.lullabi-inn.com/ There is a picture I found online for pics of the Inn showing nice trees/nature, it looks like a lovely little location. It may not have extra amenities that you're seeking but does provide the nature/scenery/reasonable rates.

Best wishes with your decision!

Edited: 3:10 pm, March 14, 2012
Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Places to stay with great views/scenery

Lull-Abi and Applecreek are neither woodsy or isolated.

WI
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,136 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Places to stay with great views/scenery

Please note the original poster posted this "I am planning a trip to Door County for the end of April or beginning of May. I am looking for a place with reasonable rates, preferrable with a gas fireplace and whirlpool, and great scenary. I do not care if it is in town or not. I love nature and want great scenary to look at. What does everyone suggest? Some I was looking at include the Baypoint Inn, The Coachlite Inn, and The Stettlement Inn.

Thanks in advance for opinions!"

Please note woodsy or isolated weren't part of the original post whatsoever. There are many types of nature and scenery and beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if reasonable rates figure in your view may not be grand but it can be good. Sometimes suggestions don't carry all that a person has requested but often times includes as many items off the wish list as possible or the important elements listed such as "reasonable rates".

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Places to stay with great views/scenery

Lull-Abi and Applecreek do not have great views/scenery.

WI
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,136 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Places to stay with great views/scenery

Many here have given good relevant information out of a passion to share and care so you can make your own best decision for yourself. Best wishes and enjoy picking the place that best suits your own tastes. hatchpal4u

27. Re: Places to stay with great views/scenery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, June 18, 2013