We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuong Tay Guest House Mui Ne

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
359 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Phuong Tay Guest House Mui Ne

Has anyone stayed at this guest house. It looks nice with a small swimming pool, but it would be good to have someone's feedback

Thanks

Chris

White Sand Dunes
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Mui Ne Harbor
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Red Sand Dunes
Geologic Formations
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
591 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Phuong Tay Guest House Mui Ne

it is but 1 very long beach , goes by many names wherever you are, but it is the SAME beach, a few hundred meters one way or the other ...

BTW, Tim has been in the tourism industry in Vietnam for a very long time b4 going to thailand, knows his stuff and is frank about things...

unlike some on here who clain it never rains in muine/hamtien ... and claim there is a nice beach ... which is taken up by most resorts right up to the water edge

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,770 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Phuong Tay Guest House Mui Ne

A few corrections are needed here.

Mui Ne ward has Ganh Beach whereas Ham Tien has Rang Beach. 2 distinctly different beaches. They are not one beach.

I cannot remember any claims being made on these pages that it never rains in Ham Tien. That is just an ignorant statement.

Some Resorts go to the waters edge but the bulk of Resorts in Ham Tien do have actual beach frontage. At low tide ALL Resorts have beach frontage.

All the beach in Mui Ne or Ham Tien is open to the public, there being no private beaches.

Cheers Ross

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
359 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Phuong Tay Guest House Mui Ne

Hi thanks for all your info boys!! Booking.com shows Phong Tay inbetween/near Sunrise Village, La Marina, Fleur de Vie, and which beach would that be near. We are looking for somewhere decent, but not expensive to stay, can walk around, go to reasonable price restaurants, etc.

Again Thanks

Chris

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,770 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Phuong Tay Guest House Mui Ne

Chris Phoung Tay is just about the boundary between Ham Tien and the beginning of Mui Ne ward. This is Rang Beach which is otherwise known as Mui Ne Bay on some maps.

You are really about 3 kms away from the centre of the activity which is back along the strip. The strip road changes from Nguyen Dinh Chieu to Huynh Thuc Khang but its still the same street, just to confuse you. When I say the centre I mean around 90 Nguyen Dinh Chieu. This area has Jibes Surf centre, Joe's for entertainment and many Restaurants like Lam Tong.

There is a beach all around Mui Ne Bay the only reservation is tide and erosion after storm events, but there is always the pool.

Cheers Ross

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Phuong Tay Guest House Mui Ne

At low tide Ham Tien past the number 80 has maybe 5 meters of dirty wet sand before 9AM....

Water would not be even tested in Europe for cleanliness....

But it never rains in winter, not a drop of rain on last dec/jan and february....

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
359 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Phuong Tay Guest House Mui Ne

Hi Boys!!

So based on your informations, can you give me a couple of names of small hotels/guesthouses that would be on the strip, but in a quieter area and near the beach. I am confused!!

But thanks again

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Phuong Tay Guest House Mui Ne

Center strip not on beach side so cheaper you can try Xin Chao (pool) or Cocosand (nice garden), they are on top of the b&b Ham Tien/Mui Ne TA list

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g298086-Phan_Thiet_Bi…

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Phuong Tay Guest House Mui Ne

Chris, I think that your choice is fine, as there are many inexpensive restaurants nearby and you can walk around the area. You are not too far from Pogo, DJ Station and Dragon Beach for night time activities. As I said before, you are right next to the very popular Lau De restaurants. Plus, there is a beach behind the guest house. If it is cheap, I would stay there.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Phuong Tay Guest House Mui Ne

Actually Phuong Tay is between Little Paris Resort and Little Mui Ne Resort.

20. Re: Phuong Tay Guest House Mui Ne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 04, 2015