We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking a train from H M C to MUI NE IN THE UK

Which Mui Ne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sunderland
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Topic
booking a train from H M C to MUI NE IN THE UK

is it possible to book seats for rail from H M C to NE in the UK

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,351 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking a train from H M C to MUI NE IN THE UK

Yes it is but only through agents, not the railway itself. They do charge more. If you have your HCMC accommodation already booked (advisable) ask your hotel to pick up your tickets from the Vietnam Railway Office in Pham Ngu Lao Street.

Cheers Ross

Northumberland
Level Contributor
45 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking a train from H M C to MUI NE IN THE UK

Hiya

Weve just done that trip and booked our tickets the day before via our HCM hotel no problem. The tickets themselves are only 176, 000 dong which s about a fiver and the hotel charged us about 1.50 to collect them for us.

It's a nice journey.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
301 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking a train from H M C to MUI NE IN THE UK

Yes. I paid $19 for a two way trip using Custom Vietnam Travel. Your hotel will be happy to help too. I didn't mind paying a bit to make sure I had a seat I wanted on a train I wanted (and the train was pretty full when I went). Do note that you still have to pay for a taxi or transfer to Mui Ne. The distance from Phan Thiet is less than from Binh Thuan. Use www.Seat61.com to choose your train and time.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: booking a train from H M C to MUI NE IN THE UK

There are two daily trains from Ho Chi Minh City to Phan Thiet and vice versa. The first class carriages on the train are called "Golden Train" and also be only one of comfort, cleanness and spacious. The seats are reminiscent of 1950's airline seats; comfortable but not luxurious. Rate is 15US$/way, included ticket delivery.

The other train belonging to Vietnam Railway, it is popular for local people, not really comfortable enough. Rate is from 6US$ to 10US$/way at Saigon Railway Station.

Train timetable:

Golden train: SPT2 & SPT1

From Saigon to Phan Thiet: 06:50 – 10:30

From Phan Thiet to Saigon: 14:05 – 18:40

Vietnam Railway train: PT4 & PT3

From Saigon to Phan Thiet: 17:05 – 21:30

From Phan Thiet to Saigon: 22:05 – 03:25

Railway Station Information:

Saigon Station: No 1, Nguyen Thong Street, Dist 3, Ho Chi Minh City.

Phan Thiet Station: H59, Le Hong Phong Street, Phan Thiet City.

Muong Man Station: Ham Thuan Nam, Binh Thuan province.

Notes:

Train mark SPT 2 & SPT1 operating everyday (Golden train)

Train mark PT4 & PT3 operating only at weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)

5. Re: booking a train from H M C to MUI NE IN THE UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 02, 2014