We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mui ne or Hoi An?

N K
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Mui ne or Hoi An?

we have 2 days to spare in between Hanoi & HCMC. We are deciding between Hoi An & Mui Ne. in December over new years. Any suggestions?

Hanoi, Vietnam
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mui ne or Hoi An?

Hi  N K,

For relaxing you can choose Mui Ne or Hoi An because of their beautiful beaches (but highly recommend Hoi An : ancient conners, colour night market, food, beach).

Wish you have a nice trip!

Bella

Vietnam Style Travel

N K
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mui ne or Hoi An?

which one would be better over new years?

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,510 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mui ne or Hoi An?

Bella you are aware that touting for business on these pages is forbidden. I suggest you withdraw your post as travellers do not trust people who disregard the rules to get business.

NK.

These are two very different places. Hoi An is a busy tourist town whilst Ham Tien (Mui Ne) is a laidback HCMC weekender and travellers rest stop, a bit like Byron Bay of old.

So it depends on what you are after, but you would need to get your skates on for Mui Ne as it gets booked out early for xmas/ new year.

Cheers Ross

N K
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mui ne or Hoi An?

Thanks for the help.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mui ne or Hoi An?

If you like the culture and history in Vietnam, you should go to Hoi An.

Ancient and peaceful, Hoi An is one of the most popular destinations in Vietnam that caters to travellers of all tastes and across the continents. The little town is just the perfect candidate of what Vietnam tourism ministry is aiming to show to the world. Warm-hearted, welcoming and traditional, but never out of touch with the outside world, the people of Hoi An are in overdrive mode trying to catch up to the opportunities their new found fame has recently given them.

Cheers Robert

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,634 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mui ne or Hoi An?

Hoi An wins every time for the most comfortable destination with the best food, etc.

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mui ne or Hoi An?

December in Hoi An could be rainy and and a bit chilli for the beach. I would choose Mui Ne and I'm sure most of the Resorts will offer special Celebration for the new year.

Cheers

Nhung

N K
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mui ne or Hoi An?

thank you for helping out.

9. Re: Mui ne or Hoi An?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, October 04, 2013
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mui ne or Hoi An?

I've been to both places. I would definitely choose Hoi An over Mui Ne any days: little charming ancient town with great authentic Vietnamese foods. People in Hoi An are really nice, helpful & honest. And if you want to go to the beach, Cua Dai (one of best beaches in top 25 beaches in Asia by TA 2013) is just a few km away from city center