We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October in Mui Ne - Vietnam

Gibraltar
4 posts
Save Topic
October in Mui Ne - Vietnam

Hi there. I am thinking of spending 3 weeks in Mui Ne in October with my girlfriend. We want some nightlife though and I am not sure how much there is going on at night around there. Anyone know much about the place? Also - is there a good gym that we could join in the area while there? Finally, Is this a sleazy type place with lots of hookers around the place. Not what I want at all. Thanks a million.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6,952 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October in Mui Ne - Vietnam

It's a good tourist town.

You might want to bump your two threads after a couple days or so.

There are some expats living there, but they do get busy from time to time.

They might be traveling too.

Local taxi fares don't vary much between the major tourist cities in the country; cheap overall.

Same thing goes for the beer, unless you go to some real fancy place.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October in Mui Ne - Vietnam

MOBGibraltar,

The only night life in Mui Ne ward is geared to the local community (i.e.- Karaoke Bars, Cafes). However, the tourist strip in Ham Tien ward has a number of beach bars and disco bars on the beach. From east to west, they are Pogo (9-12 crowd), DJ Station (12-6AM crowd), Dragon Beach (10-3AM crowd), Joes (live music 7-10PM), Sankara (10-2) and WAX (11-1). I have given you the times that these places are busiest, not their hours of operation.

If your resort does not have fitness facilities, there is an outdoor fitness center that you can use for very little money, located on the east side of Ham Tien, not far from Pogo.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,600 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October in Mui Ne - Vietnam

3 weeks in the Mui Ne area might be a bit much. The name Mui Ne is a generality covering 3 or 4 different wards of the City of Phan Thiet. The main resort strip is Ham Tien which runs along the beachfront for about 8 kms. 80% of the resorts are actual beachfront with varying degrees of sand width at full tide,

October is the beginning of the busy period as the wind is more suitable for the kite-surfing fraternity. The whole of Mui Ne is a very laidback place with great restaurants but not much night club style of evening entertainment, Joes is a good cool place to hang out.

I would review your plan to stay 3 weeks after you have arrived and checked out whether the place suits you. You can from Mui Ne travel further north or back to HCMC in 4 hour coach runs. You may find it interesting to travel south from town to town along the coast until you get to Vung Tau from where you can take a hydrofoil back to HCMC.

From Mui Ne you can also take a break up in the mountain area of Dalat down to Nha Trang and back to Mui Ne in a triangle to give you a greater spread of Vietnam experience.

One thing "Mui Ne" has over other areas in VN is that it has a much better climate with the lowest rainfall of all areas.

Cheers Ross

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6,952 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October in Mui Ne - Vietnam

I know there's a good chance that you guys will show up.

Cheers,

John

Gibraltar
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: October in Mui Ne - Vietnam

thanks so much for all this great info :-) sounds really nice there!

Lagi, null, Vietnam
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: October in Mui Ne - Vietnam

Mui Ne is very beautiful! I hope you have sweet memories here!

Thanh Hong

Mui Ne, Vietnam
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: October in Mui Ne - Vietnam

Funny though a resort area bars are still busiest on Fridays and Saturdays. Can anybody explain this phenomena?

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October in Mui Ne - Vietnam

The resort area bars are busiest on the weekends because of so many Saigon residents coming here for weekend getaways. However, now that the summer season is over, the bars don't get much busier on the weekends (They are slightly busier because of the locals who go out on the weekend). From October through April, the weekends are not much busier than the weekdays, as Saigonese don't come here so much during this period. It is high season and most resorts charge higher prices than in the summer, which keeps people away, plus the hotels are full of international visitors so there are not too many empty rooms for weekenders.

Edited: 1:07 am, October 05, 2013
9. Re: October in Mui Ne - Vietnam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 07, 2014