We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it alright if i dun pre-book my accomodation in Mui Ne?

Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
297 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Is it alright if i dun pre-book my accomodation in Mui Ne?

Hi all,

i am planning for a 2 days 1 night trip to Mui Ne when i go HCMC in May. Me n gang found a few beachside guesthouses which seems nice and reasonably priced. However, few of them did not reply and the one that did reply required us to bank in 50% of the rent into their account beforehand. After consulting some travellers, we found that this was not normally done and was advised to not book any rooms first. They suggested that we book our rooms through our hostel when we reach HCMC. Is this possible? I am quite worried that the rooms in Mui Ne might be full, considering the fact that we'll be staying on a Saturday night. Would appreciate feedback. Thanks

J

Mentioned in this post
Mui Ne
Mui Ne
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Hostels in Mui Ne
Long Son Mui Ne Beach Campgrounds Resort
Long Son Mui Ne Beach Campgrounds Resort
#2 of 61 Specialty lodging in Mui Ne
Tropic Hostel and Restaurant
Tropic Hostel and Restaurant
#2 of 141 Specialty lodging in Phan Thiet
Mui Ne Backpacker Village
Mui Ne Backpacker Village
#3 of 61 Specialty lodging in Mui Ne
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it alright if i dun pre-book my accomodation in Mui Ne?

Jaye,

May and September are the two slowest months of the year. There will be plenty of rooms available. Take the morning train from Saigon, catch a taxi from the train station, or if you're on a budget, walk out to the main street and catch a bus to Ham Tien. Then get off whenever you see any of the guest houses you had in mind and book them on the spot.

Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
297 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it alright if i dun pre-book my accomodation in Mui Ne?

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info. I'd be catching a bus to Mui Ne, not by train. We figured out it would be easier since we would be leaving from Pham Ngu Lao area.

Looking forward to Mui Ne and it's jewels!! :)

Mentioned in this post
Mui Ne
Mui Ne
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
3. Re: Is it alright if i dun pre-book my accomodation in Mui Ne?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, September 06, 2010