We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nam chau resort

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,762 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
nam chau resort

Cananyone give a review of the Nam Chau Resort in Mui Ne. I would like to know proximity to beach, review of accommodation food etc. Any info very welcome.

Cheers Ross

White Sand Dunes
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Mui Ne Harbor
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Red Sand Dunes
Geologic Formations
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nam chau resort

Ross,

The Nam Chau is between the Pandanus Resort (my resort) and the Malibu Resort on the beach facing the eastern side of the Mui Ne peninsula, just below the Orange Sand Dunes. It is a very basic resort with not a lot of services. Everything is thatched. Almost all of their guests are local Vietnamese with a few backpackers. If you are looking for very inexpensive accommodations, the Nam Chau is as good as any, with lots of space and a good beach, but don't expect anyone to speak English, including the manager.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,762 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nam chau resort

thanks Steve-I thought you'd pop up ! I'm looking for something like Suoi Tien which I have stayed at before but no replies to a booking request. Any ideas between Ham Tien and Mui Ne ? Thought I would have a look at beaches that pick up the NE wind this trip,also the other side of the peninsula. I am assuming that the NE blows early Feb ? I will be free from work in HCM by 9th Feb and want tro stay for a week before returning to tie up any loose ends in HCM. Any ideas welcome. Ross

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nam chau resort

Bowenarrow,

If you want to stay on the east side where the winds are strongest, I assume you are planning to kite surf. All the best kite surfers come to our beach because it is the most challenging this time of year.

That is tet week. I can help you out with a good rate at my resort until the 15th, then we're sold out for tet. We have standard rooms that are very inexpensive. Otherwise, I suggest the Malibu Resort, rather than Nam Chau. It's much nicer than the Nam Chau and definitely not expensive.

4. Re: nam chau resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 14, 2010