We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking hotels through www.hotels-in-vietnam.com

UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Booking hotels through www.hotels-in-vietnam.com

I'm researching a 4-night stay in Mui Ne beginning November 2009. We are 3 female friends with a budget of around $50 per night each - we were thinking of taking a twin and adding a bed. We are into spas etc. I have contacted some of the hotels to get quotes and I am finding that some travel websites seem to be offering better rates than the hotels direct. This seems strange - I would have thought going straight to the hotel would have been cheaper. Has anyone had experience of booking through www.hotels-in-vietnam.com? Are they reliable?

Thanks!

Markleeville...
Level Contributor
37 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking hotels through www.hotels-in-vietnam.com

I have not booked with hotels-in-vietnam but did get my Visa on Arrival through them a couple weeks ago. Service was prompt, took two days to receive the confirmation or entry letter. I have not heard anything negative about them on any of the forum boards regarding their visa service. I am thinking of booking a hotel in Saigon for my first night as I arrive at midnight.

I have been to Vietnam 3 times in the last few years and it has been my experience that you can always get a better price anywhere in country by negotiating on the spot once there, providing you feel comfortable waiting til the last minute.

UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking hotels through www.hotels-in-vietnam.com

Thanks that is useful. I will definitely use them to process my visa on arrival - that was on my list of things to look at!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking hotels through www.hotels-in-vietnam.com

I used hotels-in-vietnam.com for the majority of my hotel and train bookings before landing in Vietnam. They were great to deal with and even helped us over here when we had to change from Cat Ba Island accommodation due to the storm. They always replied promptly to my emails and I would recommend.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking hotels through www.hotels-in-vietnam.com

Averil,

As a hotelier, I'll explain to you why you are getting better rates on internet sites. The term used to explain this phenomenon is "yield management". We give low contracted rates to travel portals (Internet booking sites), or go onto their extranets and post lower rates to try to attract customers during a non peak period (November is busy but not as peak as December to February). The reservation clerks that respond to your calls are instructed to try and get as high a rate as possible for any of the rooms still available, so you will often be quoted a higher rate. The assumption is that, if you called the hotel, you are interested in that particular hotel, so the reservation clerks will try to get as high a rate (yield) as they possibly can.

The previous contributor was correct. If you walk into a hotel and negotiate the price, you may well get the lowest possible rate, as the clerks know that the room will not be occupied if you don't stay and an empty room generates no revenue. (Whereas if you call days or weeks in advance, they don't know if they can sell that room or not)

That's the way the business works.

Steve

London
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking hotels through www.hotels-in-vietnam.com

I booked the hotels with them. It's okay and It has wonderful services

6. Re: Booking hotels through www.hotels-in-vietnam.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:32 am, April 16, 2010