We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hcm to mui ne beach

Antipolo City...
14 posts
Hcm to mui ne beach

Hi there, how long is the travel time from hcm to mui ne? Is traveling by taxi ok?

10 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Hcm to mui ne beach

Getting a train would be cheapest. The road distance is 219 klms and that would be 5 hours ,maybe less. That's via the shortest route.

You could also get a ferry to Vung Tau and get a taxi or transfer via the coastal road which is more scenic than the other option and is 177klm. It takes 4 hours with a couple of food and rest breaks.

I would go by train all things considered.

It is going to cost $120+ each way by taxi

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
1 review
2. Re: Hcm to mui ne beach

You can take a train or Phuong Trang (FUTA) bus from HCMC to Mui Ne but doing by train is safer than bus.

Cheers,

DinHo

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Hcm to mui ne beach

Unless the traffic is really bad, travel time by taxi is currently 3 1/2 to 4 hours. However, I agree with Ross that 4 hour train trip is much more enjoyable and much less expensive.

Phuong Trang, Sinh Tourist, Tam Hanh and Hanh Cafe coaches all take 5 to 6 hours because they drive slower and stop a couple of times enroute.

I'm assuming you mean the beaches of Phan Thiet, as there is no such thing as Mui Ne Beach. The beach at Ham Tien ward, where most hotels are located, is Rang Beach and the two beaches at Mui Ne ward are Ganh and Suoi Nuoc.

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Hcm to mui ne beach

I always prefer train travel as well, but from what I've read there is only one train per day (7am), and it will still need almost an hour bus to Mui Ne from the station. I'll be arriving at HCMC airport, the initial transfer to the bus station will also add time, so now I'm leaning towards taxi.

If anyone would be interested in sharing a 7 seat taxi (90 USD total) from the airport with me and my girlfriend Oct 2nd morning or early afternoon, please PM me.

5. Re: Hcm to mui ne beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, September 26, 2017
Edited: 10:05 am, September 26, 2017

6. Re: Hcm to mui ne beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, September 26, 2017
Edited: 10:05 am, September 26, 2017

Antipolo City...
14 posts
7. Re: Hcm to mui ne beach

What beach is near with red sand dunes?

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
27 reviews
8. Re: Hcm to mui ne beach

The Red Sand Dunes are on Ganh Beach in Mui Ne ward. Ganh Beach extends along the entire length of the Mui Ne cape, past the red dunes to the community of Hon Rom. (Mui means cape in Vietnamese and the town of Mui Ne is on the west side of the cape while Ganh beach is on the east side of the cape.The resorts along the beach are all the Hon Rom resorts, Sandunes Resort, Pandanus Resort, Nam Chau Resort, Malibu Resort, Blue Shell Resort, Sailing Bay Resort and Mui Ne Bay Resort. There's one more next to Blue Shell that just opened this year, but I can't remember the name.)

Edited: 12:16 am, October 07, 2017
Lismore, Australia
Level Contributor
538 posts
101 reviews
9. Re: Hcm to mui ne beach

When you use the term " resort", does that equate with "expensive"?

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
27 reviews
10. Re: Hcm to mui ne beach

Not necessarily. Nam Chau is not expensive and even has shared accommodations with breakfast for about $15 or so. Whereas, a resort like the Pandanus is not cheap.

Reply to: Hcm to mui ne beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted