We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere nice to stop between ho chi minh and mui ne

Sydney
Level Contributor
33 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Somewhere nice to stop between ho chi minh and mui ne

We are a couple traveling with a 20 month old restless toddler. considering taking a private transfer between the two cities though i am doubting our toddler will sit in a seat for that long. Is there somewhere nice we can stop in between for an hour or so to break the trip up and stretch our legs. maybe grab some food.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere nice to stop between ho chi minh and mui ne

The most popular rest stop is Dai Phu between Long Khanh and Gia Ray. It's very spacious with a number of outlets selling food and other items. Beware of the main kitchen, however, as they use MSG excessively.

Sydney
Level Contributor
33 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere nice to stop between ho chi minh and mui ne

Thanks Steve! Can i also ask the same between Nha Trang and Mui Ne?

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,078 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somewhere nice to stop between ho chi minh and mui ne

As you are taking a private transfer I would ask the Company organising to stop somewhere that will suit your desires.

If you can take the train to Phan Thiet that leaves at 7.30am then I think your toddler will enjoy the trip. Certainly the other passengers will. The locals on train will pay a lot of attention to a 20 month toddler.

At Phan Thiet a coach meets the train to take you to your Hotel.

A private transfer between Mui Ne and Nha Trang is preferable.

Cheers Ross

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somewhere nice to stop between ho chi minh and mui ne

The restaurant at Ca Na where the road goes along the cast has a nice ocean view.

Pandaran Guesthouse & Hotel, km1589 Hwy 1A. Cute and clean guesthouse with a hotel addition right on the water. Owner speaks some English and is generally friendly and helpful. Rooms have TV, en suite baths with hot water, and Internet (Wi-Fi in the guesthouse and cafe portion). There is a cafe on-site serving Vietnamese food and some Chinese food with great views of the beach. Sandy portions of the beach can be reached near the nearby Ca Na Hotel.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,916 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Somewhere nice to stop between ho chi minh and mui ne

I fully agree with Steve on Ca Na.

6. Re: Somewhere nice to stop between ho chi minh and mui ne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 13, 2018