We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Budapest airport to Kosice?

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Budapest airport to Kosice?

Hello,

I need to get from Budapest International Airport to Kosice. I've read that it is possible to get a mini-bus straight from the airport to the

centre of Kosice. Is that accurate or do I have to get a train from Budapest?

Cheers

6 replies to this topic
Kosice, Slovakia
Level Contributor
283 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Budapest airport to Kosice?

This is a relatively new service and I haven't used it yet, but have had a look and there's a bus service provided by Malev Airlines, four times per day, each way.

It can be booked via the Malev Airlines website www.malev.com Just put in "Budapest" and "Kosice" in the flight booking options and it takes you to the booking page, even though it's not a flight, but a bus.

More info: malev.com/companyinformation/…

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Budapest airport to Kosice?

Thanks a lot for your reply, you´ve been most helpful.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Budapest airport to Kosice?

Just an upgrade if anyone search on this, Malev closed so no Malev minibus transfer, but there are some other private companies, like Eurobusways.com or others, for around 40-50EUR p person

time : 2.5-3hours

There are two train daily as well, both go to Keleti station, so you have to take either metro to the airport or a taxi (fixed priced).

Train with taxi, etc. around same 40-50EUR

time : 3-4hours

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
654 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Budapest airport to Kosice?

I've heard that there are some car companies in Slovakia will drive you from Budapest to Slovakia. I don't know which company but it might be worth while trying to find it out. My friends used the service a couple times.

Otherwise, the best way is get a rental car. Hiring a car in Hungary is relatively cheap and public transport system in east Slovakia is not so convenient that having a car would be quite useful.

5. Re: How to get from Budapest airport to Kosice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:07 am, August 22, 2014

Zurich, Switzerland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get from Budapest airport to Kosice?

Hi all,

just to post an update on this topic from the regular traveller on the route Budapest airport Kosice. There are several companies that run daily minivan service directly from the budapest airport to Kosice city center. Travel is around 3 hours, comfortable and reliable and saves you all the hussle with traveling to city center of budapest. Costs around 35 - 40 eur. You can find these companies when you search transfer budapest kosice.

Other option is the shuttle to train station in Budapest and then train. However, there is only one or two direct trains, everything else is with one or two changes. Train from Budapest to Miskolc is fast, clean but afterwards you have to continue with the slow train. So I really recommend the minivan transport.

Reply to: How to get from Budapest airport to Kosice?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kosice Region