We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

? for my fellow Sandals lovers

Which White House hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
335 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
? for my fellow Sandals lovers

First, thank you RandB for your help with Whitehouse. We love it here (leaving tomorrow). I requested Dutch 4th floor and that's what we got!

Now on to the question. Where to go next? We have been to SGSL twice (our favorite) SN once (ehh...it was ok) SA once (nope,never again. Food was horrible and I got food poisoning) and now SW (our second favorite).

Our musts.

A good beach. I prefer to walk right in w/o water shoes but wearing them at SW hasn't been much of an issue.

Snorkeling off the beach like SGSL would be great

Plenty of palapas or umbrellas for when we get to hot but still want to be on the beach. We've spent the whole week on the beach (aside from one day) at SW and thus far my biggest complaint is/was getting up at 6am to get beach chairs with umbrellas. Oh yes, towel game in full swing.

Able to walk off property with out vendors hassling us. We loved pigeon island at SGSL and have loved going off property here at SW.

Room service 24/7 for Club level would be awesome or at least a better 7:30am-10:30pm menu than SW (very very limited menu but we've made due a couple times).

Ocean front balcony or at the very least ocean view (like SA Med side and SGSL back side).

I think that's about it.

As a side note, we are only looking to go Club level. Basic is to basic and butler is to costly.

Grenada is out as there are no good flights from any airport with in three hrs from us.

Bahamas is out as I'm afraid the water would be to cold for me in March (Antigua was to cold for me in March and water temp was 72).

We are not opposed to coming back here but would love to try another one.

Level Contributor
335 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: ? for my fellow Sandals lovers

When we were in Antigua in 2011 I thought the food was horrible compared to SGSL and SN. Not to mention I got food poisoning (it can happen anywhere though. It just so happened about 3 days in to our trip so it definetly happened on the resort). Although our room was nice (med side), it felt to hotelish. I wish we had stayed on the Caribbean side instead for more of a carribean feel. Other than that, we did have a nice time. It wasn't completely horrible just not up to par with the others.

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: ? for my fellow Sandals lovers

You don't have to wait until your points are posted. They can always be added later to your trip.

Level Contributor
335 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: ? for my fellow Sandals lovers

@lori, good to know.

I've never booked another Sandals trip right after coming back from one. It's always been within a couple of months and by then my points were there.

nh
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: ? for my fellow Sandals lovers

Antigua is the only one we have been to so far and we loved it. We want to try some of the others before going back. We definitely want to go back at some point though.

15. Re: ? for my fellow Sandals lovers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 09, 2015