We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Lounge at Airport

Which White House hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern New York
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandals Lounge at Airport

Does anyone know if we have access to the Sandals lounge upon departure? We're trying to decide about booking Club Mobay for both arrival and departure.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,104 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Lounge at Airport

Arrival lounge is only for arrivals, no access for departures.

What day are you traveling ?

Northern New York
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Lounge at Airport

We arrive on Tuesday, March 5th and leave on Wednesday, March 13th. I'm sure it won't be as busy as a weekend day but from what I've read, the arrival service can cut quite a bit of time off. We would consider the departure service if we have much of a wait. We're are just using the Sandals shuttle.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,492 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Lounge at Airport

In November we arrived on a Tuesday afternoon, were through immigration, picked up our luggage, through customs, to the Sandals lounge, shuttled to Sandals Royal Caribbean and were in our room in less than an hour of landing! This was without using Club MoBay.

It will depend on how many other flights are arriving with yours as to how busy immigration is...we normally arrive on a Tuesday or a Friday afternoon and the line-ups are either very short or move very quickly.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,104 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Lounge at Airport

I too have arrived on a Tuesday, and it took about 30 minutes from the time of landing to be sitting in a arrival lounge, waiting for transportation. I would probably look at your travel date when it gets closer to see how many flights are arriving around the same time. Remember, the Airlink flights to do not count:

flightstats.com/go/…

Northern New York
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Lounge at Airport

Thanks, ladies! Can't wait to be there for so many reasons...not least of which is no more decisions...except which cocktail to consume!

Northern New York
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Lounge at Airport

I just looked at the flight stats website and there are two other flights coming in tomorrow at the same time as ours. Our flight is next Tuesday but I'm assuming that the flights are the same for the most part. One is from Boston and one is from JFK. We are coming in from Charlotte. NM and TP, do you have any sense as to whether or not these 3 flights will make for a busy customs scene with longer than usual waits for a Tuesday? Thanks much!

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,104 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Lounge at Airport

If your fight is the 1239 out of Charlotte, you may want to consider the arrival service. Looks like that is the busiest time at the airport on Tuesday, but it will be a gamble if it is needed. Chances are there are several fights that could effect your arrival ( because we all know flights are rarely right on time).

The flights I would be looking at are the 1155 from Canada, 1156 from Baltamore, 1227 from Boston, 1238 from JFK, another 1239 from Charlotte, 1248 from Atlanta, 105 from Chicago ( which in all my trips to Jamaica out of Chicago, we have always arrived early), and the 1253 from Canada.

Chances are several of these flights will effect your arrival, unless your plane is early and beats most of them.

Also, this time of year, there could be a storm in part of the country, and several of these flights could be cancelled, lowering the number.

This is a tough call : (

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,492 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Lounge at Airport

adklady...we are flying in tomorrow and there are quite a number of flights arriving within 20-30 minutes of ours (providing everyone is on-time including ours). I'll take special note of the line-ups and timing....and will use the TA laptop at SWH to post on here to let you know. It might take me a day or two though to post...especially if sand gravity takes hold! :)

Northern New York
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Lounge at Airport

Again, thanks ladies! NM, I really appreciate your input! TP, that is so nice of you to think about me on your vacation! Are you using Club Mobay? If you make it to the computer, great, but please don't make an effort just on my account. Whatever we decide to do, we'll be on Jamaica time so no worries! You'll still be there when we arrive on the 5th, right? Would love to meet you!

Northern New York
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Lounge at Airport

Oh, and NM, we are on the flight from Charlotte that arrives at 12:39. So your right, tough call!