We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What has changed since Feburary 2009 at Sandals Whitehouse?

Which White House hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva Lake Area...
Level Contributor
48 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
What has changed since Feburary 2009 at Sandals Whitehouse?

My husband and I went to Sandals Whitehouse in February 2009 and our 10 night stay was cut short due to the death of my mother. We have been to several other Sandals since then .... needed some time before I could go back there. Think I am ready and planning another stay there soon.

Can anyone tell me what changes have taken place in the past 3 years? Last time we stayed in the French Village, but this time we up graded to Penthouse Honemoon Beachfront Concierge Room in either the Dutch or Italian Village. Hopefully this time we will not have anything happen again.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What has changed since Feburary 2009 at Sandals Whitehouse?

There have been a number of improvements at SWH but basically the resort is still as great now as it was in 2009.

I can't remember when the change of restaurants took place, but if you remember Arizona's, it is now Neptunes...same location but now with a Mediterranean cuisine.

There is more outdoor seating at the restaurants...some didn't have outdoor seating in 2009.

The Island Routes "hut" is now located just outside of Cafe de Paris. Same great bakery items at Cafe!

There are lots of palapas on the beach.

There is a fantastic beachside walkway which runs from the main piazza at the Italian Village all the way to the French Village...great for day time and night time walks or for those who have mobility issues.

Wonderful fire pits and lounge seating on the beach and on the main piazza.

A good number of rooms have been refurbished or are in the midst of refurbishment.

The road to SWH is improving.

Those are the things off the top of my head. I'm sure a few other regulars will chime in with more. I hope you enjoy your stay this time and that you are able to make good memories this visit!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What has changed since Feburary 2009 at Sandals Whitehouse?

Good job TP. Let's not forget the new Jerk Shack, the new Fitness Center, Bayside will be a French Restaurant, all new seating outside of the Cafe deParis, tons more lounge chairs on the beach . . . . . It will be different. Also, take some time to look at the "What's New at SWH" forum for some recent info and pictures of all the great new things at WH.

Geneva Lake Area...
Level Contributor
48 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What has changed since Feburary 2009 at Sandals Whitehouse?

Thank you so much for the updates ... anxiously waiting to go. Can you tell me if they have any theme nights and what nights these are held?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What has changed since Feburary 2009 at Sandals Whitehouse?

“Sandals Whitehouse Events and Entertainment”

WEEKLY EVENTS:

Sundays- Butler and Concierge Cocktail Party

Monday- Manager’s Welcome Party

Wednesday- Sandals Select Cocktail & Dinner party

ENTERTAINMENT:

Sunday: “Island Romance” - An evening of simply enjoying each other with our Duo Band, Opera in the gardens and live jazz band.

Monday: “Boonoonoonos Beach Party” – a sizzling Beach Party with fire limbo, mini circus show, Grande Caribbean Culinary fare and we close the night with Karaoke in our Casablanca Martini Bar.

Tuesday: “Show Yo Stuff” - Guest & Staff Talent show, Live Band & Piano Sing-A Long. Return Guest Dinner and Cocktail Party.

Wednesday: “Hot White Open Air Dance Party”- a show you will not soon forget with a Jamaican Top Performer accompanied by a Live Band. Satisfy your sweet cravings at our Chocolate Buffet and White Night Party. Piano Sing-A-Long.

Thursday: “Afro Caribbean Cultural Night” – Experience a cultural journey with a tribute to our ancestors through songs, dance and drumming interlude.

Friday: “Reggae Sand Fest” - A taste of entertainment including; a Live Reggae Cabaret & old school reggae party, Piano sing-A-Long.

Saturday: “Caribbean Fiesta” - A taste of the Caribbean through Steel Pan Music & Dance, Violinist, Piano Sing-A-Long.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,116 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What has changed since Feburary 2009 at Sandals Whitehouse?

That was thorough, lol! It looks like you copied that from somewhere. Is it on Sandals.com?

Also, the top says SS dinner is on Wednesday, but then it's listed on Tuesday. Do you know which day it is?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What has changed since Feburary 2009 at Sandals Whitehouse?

It is actually Tuesday now, changed. I copied it from a SWH fact sheet, but I did try to make corrections and missed the SS Dinner which is now Tuesday.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What has changed since Feburary 2009 at Sandals Whitehouse?

Just thought of something else...there is now beach and pool-side drink service. This is not a red-flag service, but rather a frequent offering of drinks so you don't have to get out of your lounger and walk the few steps to the nearest bar :)

There is also a beach volleyball area by the main pool as well as the one near the French pool.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,116 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What has changed since Feburary 2009 at Sandals Whitehouse?

Gotta make sure we go to the Select dinner. We are getting our free week!!! :D

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What has changed since Feburary 2009 at Sandals Whitehouse?

Congrats BSBgirl! Be sure you visit Alicia, Georgia or Adrian at the Soon Come Back desk to be sure they have you down for your free week.

10. Re: What has changed since Feburary 2009 at Sandals Whitehouse?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 11, 2014