We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whitehouse beach secluded??

Which White House hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Whitehouse beach secluded??

We are planning a trip to Sandals Whitehouse in a few weeks. Is the beach secluded ie topless or CO? Thanks

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whitehouse beach secluded??

FrostbittenCdnBoy: We've never stayed at SWH (but that will change in April 2013) but I can share this...over the years we've been to many Sandals resorts in 3 different countries and every visit has some guests who are discreetly sunning themselves topless on the property.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whitehouse beach secluded??

@SRC when do you go to SWH? We go 4/26. :)

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whitehouse beach secluded??

@BSBgirl337: We at SWH April 25 - 28, then headed to SRC from April 28 - May 5. Our big fear is we'll like it as much as SRC and then we'll have a real dilemma on our hands :)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whitehouse beach secluded??

@SRC that sounds like a good dilemma to have

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,577 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whitehouse beach secluded??

the beach at SWH isn't secluded in the way of hidden areas...but it is private in terms of only Sandals guests on it. In all our visits there we've perhaps seen only 2 women topless...but there could have been way more....all it means is that we either haven't noticed or it's been done very discreetly!

SRC...after you get a taste of SWH, I think you might just start wanting to do the SRC/SWH splits like we do! ;)

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whitehouse beach secluded??

Beach is fairly secluded. We have been to 4 Sandal's and Whitehouse beach is the longest and most private ( other then Bahama's private island backside).

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whitehouse beach secluded??

travelpair55: Splits is a great idea and one we've always toyed with. The stars just aligned for us this time to actually pull it off! On a regular basis? We just have to hit the lottery LOL.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
185 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whitehouse beach secluded??

We'll be there April 28- may 4.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,058 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whitehouse beach secluded??

The SWH is totally secluded as there are no other businesses or resorts even close. However, as TP says, it is secluded from non-guests, with registered guests regularly enjoying the beach. As far as co or topless, I would say that the WH would not be the place to look at for this if it is a priority. Otherwise, SWH is the best ever with the best private beach on all of Jamaica.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Whitehouse beach secluded??

I've read somewhere on this forum that many who want to enjoy CO sunbathing go beyond the French Village to the beach area adjacent to the property. However I would say that they are on their own once they leave the property.

Edited: 7:10 pm, January 07, 2013