We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange Privileges

Which White House hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange Privileges

Does anyone know if guests of SWH can enjoy exchange privileges at Beaches Negril? While it is just my wife and I on this trip, we are planning a 2014 vacation with our three kids and Beaches Negril is near the top of our list. It would be great if we could visit the resort this trip. Any suggestions?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,058 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange Privileges

Yes DL-Wpg, you can go to BN for the day. You will have to line-up your transportation there, but no other cost. Let me know if you're looking for a good driver. The staff at SWH can line-up the visit to BN for you.

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange Privileges

DL, if you do make the visit to Beaches Negril (or Sandals Negril since you're so close while at Beaches), be sure to bring along proof that you're a guest a Whitehouse. This makes it easier for your driver to explain to the front gate security guard at either/both places, and you'll need to show this to the front desk staff when you enter the property. The people we've helped in the past either would bring a small card from Whitehouse (about the size of a credit card, could have been their room key?) while others brought the print out of their itinerary/stay showing their room number and dates of stay at Whitehouse...both types of "proof" worked.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,058 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange Privileges

TOTT is talking about a special card you get upon check in. This is normally used to purchase stuff in the gift shop or make room charges at the SPA, it is different then the room key. Just bring that along, the special card. Definately check out SN too, that is about an hour away from SWH.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange Privileges

I know the card that you are talking about. Thanks a million for the help.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,578 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchange Privileges

DL...as RandB mentioned, be sure to let SWH know that you wish to visit BN. A couple of years ago we visited SN on a day trip from SWH, and the resort called ahead to let SN know we were coming.

Also...just an fyi...I hear very good things about Talk of the Town Tours in case you are looking for a good driver to book! (for info you can contact Sienna who is Still_TOTTT)

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchange Privileges

Yes as the others have stated. We did a one day trip when last at Whitehouse and actually had lunch at Beaches.... We have also used and can Highly recommend TOTT aka Talk of the Town Tours... Sienna is lovely and will bend over backwards o accommodate your itinerary for the trip. I actually do not remember bringing any I'd but of course we must have had something with us... I do remember having o check in at the reception desk on arrival.. But that was in 2010.... Memory is slipping haha

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,058 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exchange Privileges

TOTT has a very good reputation and is on The List, see the upper right corner of this page. There are many very good drivers in the WH area that can bring you to SN and BN. We have done that very thing a couple of times. We have lined-up the pickup at SWH and then dropped off at SN or BN and then set a time for pickup and return to the WH. Our driver was great and very dependable.

8. Re: Exchange Privileges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 14, 2014