We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I too old for SWH 30th Anniversary

Which White House hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
500 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Am I too old for SWH 30th Anniversary

Hope you can help, we are mid 50's celebrating 30 years.

I know its probably stupid and relative, but is SWH a younger crowd, or will we fit in age wise. We are active, just quiet at night, now I sound real old...

We have been to Couples Negril and loved it, just not sure of the Sandals demographics.

thanks

PV

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Am I too old for SWH 30th Anniversary

Absolutely not!!! We are in your age range and can't wait to return! There will be all age groups, but you will fit right in just fine. No worries!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Am I too old for SWH 30th Anniversary

I smiled at your post...we are 50's celebrating our 36th, and SWH is our favourite resort! In fact us old folks...including Winnekini, are meeting up this January. You will love SWH...go and enjoy!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,037 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Am I too old for SWH 30th Anniversary

We will return for the sixth time next year to SWH and it will start a year long celebration of our 40th! The age mix is great and everyone gets along with everyone. You will be just fine.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Am I too old for SWH 30th Anniversary

Sandals resorts seems to have the widest range of ages amongst guests between any of the hotel chains we've visited in Jamaica, so one can never be too young (assuming over 18), or too old to be a guest there. Enjoy your stay!

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Am I too old for SWH 30th Anniversary

in our experience the demographic at Sandals is mainly a mix of 20 somethings on a wedding or honeymoon, and 40-50 somethings. Not so much in between that. Yes there is some, but they are just not as well represented. I guess the 30 somethings are too busy having and raising kids to take tropical vacations.

But you will not be too old. We have met couples in their 70s having a great time.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,037 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Am I too old for SWH 30th Anniversary

Again, a very good mix of ages. Here ya on the raising kids ages HogDaddy, been there done that. However, we met the greatest group of folks from NY in January and had a ton of fun with them, and they had to be in that 30 something bracket.

Irregardless Perm, you will be very comfortable with all the guests at SWH.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Am I too old for SWH 30th Anniversary

My wife and I cover that 30 something bracket with her being 31 and me 38. Our three kids are going to be spending the week with grandma and grandpa so we can get away to SWH in November. I just keep thinking of that commercial when the grandparents show up and mom and dad run out of the house with their luggage.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
500 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Am I too old for SWH 30th Anniversary

Thanks everybody, I appreciate the feedback!!!,

Is it okay to run from your young adult children too...will we ever be empty-nesters...

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Am I too old for SWH 30th Anniversary

haha PermanentVacatshun....soon come! That day will be here before you know it...

Canterbury...
Level Contributor
842 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Am I too old for SWH 30th Anniversary

My husband and I are recent empty nesters (youngest left the home last year) and we're enjoying every second of it. (Though we miss him)

I don't care if a couple were in their 80's to 90's plus....It's never to old to enjoy life. I hope to be enjoying our Sandal's trips for many, many years to come. :)