We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SWH 2012 1st 4 categories SOLD OUT

Which White House hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
SWH 2012 1st 4 categories SOLD OUT

Does anyone know why? Are they shutting down the French Village for any reason or forcing upsells?

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SWH 2012 1st 4 categories SOLD OUT

There is a lot of speculation, but the truth is no one knows yet. It could be many things so guessing is about the best that can be done. I am sure the info will leak out slowly, but as of now it's all just guessing.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,043 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SWH 2012 1st 4 categories SOLD OUT

Now this is news to me, haven't heard this one yet. Let us know if anyone gets more info. We are going in January and usally get the Italian Village.

Are you finding this during a particular time frame?

Edited: 7:04 pm, June 14, 2011
Fairview Heights...
Level Contributor
45 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SWH 2012 1st 4 categories SOLD OUT

Could they be starting construction of the beaches resort?

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,544 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SWH 2012 1st 4 categories SOLD OUT

I am curious too...I plugged in all sorts of dates for next year and those categories are showing SOLD OUT. wonder if it's a glitch. It has happened before.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SWH 2012 1st 4 categories SOLD OUT

I guess it's possible Abby, but once again speculation and guessing at best. They have proposed putting up a beaches, but with everything that has happened financially with Whitehouse I can't imagine that would happen this soon.

RandB, it is only affecting the French village as of now. Showing sold out in 2012. It will be very interesting to see what's actually happening!

Fairview Heights...
Level Contributor
45 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SWH 2012 1st 4 categories SOLD OUT

Okay just got a response from Sandals... The deluxe and Premium rooms will not be available due to rennonvations to the french village.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,544 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SWH 2012 1st 4 categories SOLD OUT

hmmmm, hope this doesn't affect use of the French pool....

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
897 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SWH 2012 1st 4 categories SOLD OUT

Whatever it is, it has caused some of the higher categories to drop in price. Our room category for next January dropped by $345 this week.

It's odd that renovations would be happening at peak season when the resort is always sold out during that time. You'd think they would do that type of thing in the summer and fall.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,043 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SWH 2012 1st 4 categories SOLD OUT

OK, makes you wonder why that wasn't done when the entire resort was recently shut down. Yes TP, the French Pool is definatley a fun place.

Thanks Kat, but I was simply meaning that being in Italian Village we would be OK.

Any other rumors about the proposed Beaches and Golf Course yet?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
62 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SWH 2012 1st 4 categories SOLD OUT

Well, we weren't planning to stay in those rooms but I wonder what the impact will be on the rest of the resort? We actuallly just held the trip today with the intention of booking tomorrow, but now I'm not sure it wouldn't be better to wait for more details.