We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Needing help packing!

Which White House hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Taylors, South...
3 posts
Save Topic
Needing help packing!

My fiance' & I are heading to SWH in March for our honeymoon. I would greatly appreciate some advise on what to pack to wear out to dinner. I hearing several different things for the women. Thanks!!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,578 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Needing help packing!

Congratulations on you marriage...you've picked a great place to honeymoon! I'll give you the same advice I gave my daughter...she is also honeymooning at SWH in March.

For restaurants requiring resort evening attire:

Men: pants (Dockers are fine), collared shirts (golf shirts are fine) and closed toed shoes (not running shoes)

Women: sun dresses, pants, dressy capris with dressy tops, sandals (not flip flops).

Almost all the restaurants at SWH have an outdoor seating area where those who weren't quite dressed according to the specified attire, were seated. I noticed this more this visit than our previous visits. So, some restaurants will allow men to wear dress shorts...just don't expect to be seated inside.

Have a great time!

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Needing help packing!

I'm taking more dressy clothes and a pair of high heels - I like to dress up in the evenings !!

Taylors, South...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Needing help packing!

Thank you both for your help!! I like to dress up as well, it's fun. But I didn't want to be too over the top.

To travelpair55... we've heard nothing but great things about SWH. Congratulations to your daughter as well. I know she is ready like I am. I will be there the 2nd week of March & I'm counting down the days!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,578 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Needing help packing!

Our daughter arrives March 13 so not sure if she will be there the same time as you. Have a fantastic stay...we love SWH, just returned from our 3rd stay...it is our favourite of all Sandals!

Taylors, South...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Needing help packing!

We also arrive on the 13th & leave on the 18th.

I also read that you never have stayed in the concierge or butler level rooms. Is there much of a difference except for the price? Also, what's the deal with chairs by the pool? How early do you have to get out there to get them?

I appreciate all of your help!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,578 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Needing help packing!

We've never had the need at SWH for concierge or butler, though I certainly do enjoy concierge service as we like having a bar in the room so we can have a drink while we get ready for dinner. Butler service gives you an elevated level of personal service (I'm not sure we would know what to do with a butler but we are having one when we go to Sandals Emerald Bay next month) and of course a larger room. Concierge level provides an in-room bar, bath robes, room service, assistance with restaurant and excursion reservations (only butler and concierge level can make dinner reservations) and a special concierge wine and cheese party. The French Village does not offer rooms which are concierge or butler whereas the Dutch and Italian Villages do have those room categories. It's really a matter of personal preference as to what kind of services you like to have. Each day on the way back to the room to get ready for dinner, we stopped at the pool bar and ordered a drink to go back with us. So we didn't miss the in-room bar at all.

We had no problem getting chairs by the large main pool on the way to breakfast at 7:30ish...not sure what the situation was like at the French Village or Dutch Village pool.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,058 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Needing help packing!

The pool situation for chairs is pretty good until almost 8:00 AM. The beach seems to always have lounge chairs open.

As far as concierge, we have had it on several occassions. TP really covered it very well. The parts we really like are the guaranteed dinner reservation and the room service.

8. Re: Needing help packing!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:43 pm, February 22, 2012