We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Whitehouse Sept 12-17th?

Michigan
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Whitehouse Sept 12-17th?

Does anybody know what is going on at Sandals Whitehouse between Sept 12-17th, 2010 that would cause no availablity at any room level? We've traveled to the caribbean in Sept on several occasions and resorts always have openings during Sept. It appears that it's only that single week that is sold out.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,086 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Whitehouse Sept 12-17th?

That is very strange. The WH is so big that I have never seen it sell out. The Annual Chairman's Golf thing is going on about that time, but that is in Ochios.

We are back to the WH in January for #4.

Michigan
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Whitehouse Sept 12-17th?

That's why it was shocking to me. I'm thinking that somebody may have reserved a huge block or rented the resort itself for a business related event/conference.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
339 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Whitehouse Sept 12-17th?

That's really strange to me too. We're going to be there the 11th-18th (reserved in May), and now I'm worried about it being crazy busy there. My hubby is going to email our Sandals contact and see if he can find out what's going on...I'll let you know if I find anything out!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
897 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Whitehouse Sept 12-17th?

Maybe they aren't sold out, but blocked off some rooms to be refurbished during the slow season when the resort isn't as full. Alot of places do that in August and September when there is lower capacity to disturb less people.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,086 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Whitehouse Sept 12-17th?

The refurbish idea sounds practical. Even if the WH is sold out and you are there, you would never know it. One of our stays was during a supposed sold out time and we very happy with the service. You couldn't tell it was a full house.

Michigan
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Whitehouse Sept 12-17th?

It's certainly possible; however, if that was the case I would think that they would have blocked off more than 6 nights.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
339 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Whitehouse Sept 12-17th?

Just an FYI - my hubby talked to our Sandals contact yesterday, and he said that the resort is booked at 100% capacity from 8/31 to 9/17. It's weird though since I checked this morning and you can still book before 9/11 online.

I'll update if I hear anything else!

Michigan
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Whitehouse Sept 12-17th?

I was able to confirm that only 1 room category is sold out for the first week of Sept, everything else is availabe. I was not able to get them to tell me what was going on during the 12-17th week. They said it was full but I sensed something else might be going on that week. If you're going to be there I wouldn't worry about it, I would say the odds are that it'll be something that may add to your stay! Maybe it has something to do with Sept being Sandals Culinary Month. I'm not completely certain what this means but maybe they some other things planned for that week.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
339 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Whitehouse Sept 12-17th?

It's really strange, I checked online too, and I saw availability for every room category with the exception of two. I'm a little concerned. Oh well, just crossing my fingers that everything works out ok!

Please let me know if anyone hears of anything else! Thanks!!

Greenfield, IN
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Whitehouse Sept 12-17th?

My husband and I booked in May and will be there the 10th through the 15th. They show no rooms available during that time frame as well. We booked at a lower level room with the hopes of being upgraded since we're return guests/anniversary etc...guess we'll have to keep out fingers crossed!!