We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unpacking

St. Thomas, Ont
13 posts
Save Topic
Unpacking

Might be a silly question but when you arrive at the resort do you unpack all of your items and leave them out for the whole week? I've always keep my things in my suitcase and locked it up every time I leave the room (ie - clothes and toileteries)

Thanks.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,625 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Unpacking

When we would only stay for a week I would never unpack completely. Only the toiletries.

Now that we stay for 2 weeks I unpack as soon as we arrive. DH usually unpacks 1/2 of his things....why I have never figured out.

Now if I could just STOP overpacking!!!

So. California
Level Contributor
817 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Unpacking

On the last trip my wife and I made, I unpacked as soon as I got to the room, My wife felt that she could live out of her suitcase. During the week as my clothes got dirty they went into my suitecase. By the end of our stay my wife was rumaging though her suitecase trying to find different items that were now wrinkled. She now says on our next trip she will unpack. She saw how it makes the vacation more enjoyable and less stressfull. I can't see how someone from the resort would risk losing their job by stealing clothes.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Unpacking

The first thing we do when we get to our room is unpack and hang our things up. I can't stand to wear wrinkled clothes, so it saves on the ironing. And since long pants are required at most restaurants for dinner it will make your life easier. As for me, I can't imagine wearing a crumpled up summer dress to diner. Tacky. I take a small laundry bag along and keep it in my suitcase and put the dirty stuff in as we go. The thought of my dirty stuff mixing with the clean... no thanks. Housekeeping there is great. Not only will they not take your clothes, if they find any laying around they will neatly fold it for you and place it on a table or chair while they are cleaning (hubby has a tendency to leave his t-shirts out after breakfast when changing for the beach).

Anna, Texas
Level Contributor
196 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Unpacking

Last time we stayed at Sandals, my butler unpacked us...but this time I'm going to do it myself so I know where everything is!! lol!!! It seems I always need something ironed as well. And as another post pointed out, be sure to bring a few extra hangers. I didnt have enough hangers for my sun dresses @ SN.

I feel like I'm there to stay a while when I unpack & utilize the drawers at the resort!

Happy Travels!!

27 More Sleeps to SWH!!!!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Unpacking

We have the best system going upon arriving at a resort or hotel ........My bestest travelling companion .... my wife ..unpacks while i have a beer or a shot of rum ..... fantastic ...

marvie (now learning how to iron shirts )

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Unpacking

marvie LOL!

17. Re: Unpacking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 23, 2010