We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gm of whitehouse? reopening?

Which White House hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
iowa city,ia
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
gm of whitehouse? reopening?

am i correct that kevin clarke is now gm of whitehouse? also, is there a firm date on their reopening? we are scheduled there jan 10-17.

jamaica
Level Contributor
950 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: gm of whitehouse? reopening?

It was just announced in the Ja. Gleaner that the re-opening has been postponed and no firm date can be given because the repairs are so extensive......

iowa city,ia
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gm of whitehouse? reopening?

Oh, no! But, thank you for your response--i guess we'll have to ck into alternative arrangements.

RBW
New York
Level Contributor
110 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gm of whitehouse? reopening?

Here is the link to the article.

jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/20091118T21000…

Cambridge, Ontario
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: gm of whitehouse? reopening?

What options do we have in rebooking our vacation to Sandals Whitehouse?

We are booked in for Jan. 1 -Jan 8/10 and I suspect that Sandals will not admit publicly that they will not be reopening until the last minute.

My travel agent is not having much luck getting any response from Sandals representatives they are still saying Dec. 18. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,492 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gm of whitehouse? reopening?

hi skc62...like you, our TA also has not had any luck getting additional information on the delayed reopening. We arrive later in January than you...on the 21st, but we are of the mind based on these threads and some personal messages I've rec'd, of sitting tight and letting Sandals take care of us. You should maybe research to have an alternate Sandals in mind, just in case. I'm sure with your Jan 1 booking, you will hear from Sandals a week beforehand to tell you the options should the WH still be closed. Have you stayed at other Sandals in Jamaica?

Also keep an eye on the other threads for further advice.

pittsburgh pa
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: gm of whitehouse? reopening?

It would be nice if someone going on the 19th of Dec. would post on forum if they get bumped. We are going 1-9-10. I was hoping to see about 3 weeks ahead if they werent going to be open because Dec 19 should know soon

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
964 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gm of whitehouse? reopening?

WOW....we are hoping that by April 5th will be open.

read the article, thanks to whomever posted.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: gm of whitehouse? reopening?

we're scheeduled to arrive on the 6th of March...hope any delays dont go that far. If I were going closed to the origiunal open date and heard this bit of information I wouldnt wait for Sandals to offer me what ever they had left/available...better research another destination and place your booking there now while there is availability....The only other location that we would consider is Negril...hope we get Whitehouse it will be our 3rd time there.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: gm of whitehouse? reopening?

Skc62,

At this point, I would not rely on your TA getting anything firm from Sandals. For your own peace of mind, you (or your TA) should check the sandals.com site for availability at the other resorts. If something looks good then and simply tell your TA that you want to switch resorts. Sandals should comply without any issues. I did this direct with Sandals and they couldn’t have been nicer.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: gm of whitehouse? reopening?

Oh boy!

I'm booked for Sandals Whitehouse for December 26th - Janaury 2nd. Booked with Air Canada Vacations - who have a great policy for is reservations have to be changed...so I'm not all that worried. They will take care of us and put is in a compatable location - even if on another island. that or they will give you your full money back.

Regardless - I will keep you all posted as soon as we hear anything.

I have an aunt in Jamaica and from what she has said, they are really striving to still try to make the December 18th deadline - as the holiday season is big money. We shall see.