We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome airport to Cetona

Which Cetona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rome airport to Cetona

Traveling to Cetona in Sept. 2013. Can anyone tell me best way to get from Rome airport to Cetona? Also, possible to take day trips from that area to Siena, Pisa, Assisi????

Any help greatly appreciated!

13 replies to this topic
Montepulciano, Italy
Level Contributor
6,166 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rome airport to Cetona

No idea time-wise exactly but southern Tuscany to Genova is generally around 4 hrs (up to 50% more if you do it on a Friday afternoon) so, what, knock 30 mins off that? There is only one downside to living in southern Tuscany and that's the fact that we are a long way from the coast. It may not be far as the crow flies but we're not crows, we're not flying, we have to drive slow, windy roads so it's 2.5 / 3 hrs. We rarely go for the day, we usually overnight.

Cape Town, Western...
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rome airport to Cetona

I have the following information for you as I am going to be doing this trip now in June.

So you will arrive at Rome's Fulmincina airport and will need to get to Rome central station:

ROME AIRPORT TO TERMINI

Either Train - Leonardo Express Fulmincino - Termini LEAVES EVERY 30MINS

14 euro each

Terrevision Bus LEAVES OFTEN check website for details.

4 Euros

rometoolkit.com/airport/fiumicino_airport_tr…

TERMINI - CHIUISI CT

This was my booking, gives you an idea of time it takes. 12:32 LEAVES - ARRIVES CHIUSI CT 14:06

R220 per person sorry this one is in ZAR!

www.raileurope.co.za/spip.php…

Both of these tickets I booked online and paid for in advance - very easy. Hope this helps. Good Luck and enjoy Cetona. It is beautiful.

Once you get to Chuisi, you will need to be fetched or hire a car from the town. I hired a car from Europe Car - within walking distance of station.

Edited: 4:00 am, May 30, 2013
Montepulciano, Italy
Level Contributor
6,166 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Rome airport to Cetona

If it were me, I would hire the car upon arrival at FCO. Taking the train to Chiusi with luggage is a real pain, and although Europe Car is technically within walking distance of the station, it must be 15 minutes up a street without a pavement in places and not easy with bags. Plus doesn't it close for a couple of hours in the afternoon? Picking up the car at the airport is easy, the drive is easier still - I regularly do the airport to the Chiusi / Chianciano exit on the A1 in under two hours, and that's taking it fairly easy, often with a short stop. (It's about 160 km and it's all on highway). And thinking about train prices and bus prices, even taking into account gas and the toll, with more than one of you in the car it will be cheaper too.

Edited: 4:11 am, May 30, 2013
Reply to: Rome airport to Cetona
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cetona