We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Korkula Adventures

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Korkula Adventures

Has anyone tried the 7 day excursion with Korcula Adventures and stayed in their villa Sokol? We are traveling with 2 children aged 10 and 13 and wondering if it is suitable?

thanks

Newry, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Korkula Adventures

I have not tried it but if it is any help korcula is a very friendly place to travel in and do your own thing at probably much better value and at a pace that will suit your children better. I have good knowledge of the area and have travelled for several years to the island see my other post. Drop me a message should you have any other questions and in the mean time i shall try and find out what i can about the company you asked about.

Edited: 3:59 pm, March 05, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Korkula Adventures

Thanks so much Oakridge4 for your reply and advice! It turns out their villa is already booked so we have to find alternative acommodation but can arrange excursions at our own pace as you advise (which is a good thing). Will check out your other posts but if you have any other advice/recommendations please let me know - it is much appreciated. (Am now thinking of staying on Korcula for 11 days instead of moving around).

tx!

Newry, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Korkula Adventures

Korcula is a nice Island What part of Dublin are you from ? We have Dublin friends who have travelled with us several times to our apartment in Prigradica. korcula is a very lovely town, It is known as the mini Dubrovnik and when you are there you will see why. I looked at the package you were opting for and as someone who has done some itinerary trips, one of to Proizd island out of Vela luka In my opinion you will get better value doing your own thing. Should you be thinking of staying at the far side of the island I have found these people very helpful and indeed would class them as friends. ( Mediterano Tourist Agency Vela Luka) if you do speak to them mention My name Hugh Franklin ( no commercial interest just they have done me one or two favours and it is nice to be seen for it to be a two way street ) I live in the village of Hilltown just outside Newry County Down. whatever you decide enjoy.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Korkula Adventures

ok will check out your recommendations tx very much.

p.s. actually just outside Dubliin in the Wicklow mountains!

Warren, Vermont
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Korkula Adventures

We are a middle-age couple, travelling independently through Croatia, who would like to take advantage of your expertise re Korcula I. We shall be arriving in self-hire car by ferry from Split. We anticipate staying 3 nights on the island commencing 05 July; thence driving via Ston to Dubrovnik. Recommendations for quiet lodging (hotel or flat) with (a) parking, (b) nice sea view and (c) on or near a sunny sandy beach? Any other tourism suggestions? Good restaurants? Winery tours? Many, many thanks.

Zrnovo, Croatia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Korkula Adventures

Hallo Chase. It is not a problem to find this what you want , but you have to search in Lumbarda becouse there are only two sand beaches on the island.Furder apartments , nice , quiet you can find on all the island and the restourants also just eat out the town. If you nead something extra contact me in inbox

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Korkula Adventures

Hi Oakridge again - we have now booked our accommodation (staying in Lumbarda) and am working out how to get from Dubrovnik to Lumbarda. Our flights are

Fri 11th July arr 1145 in Dubrovnik

Mon 21st July dept 1230 from Dubrovnik

Have been quoted 170 euro each way for a taxi!! I know there are buses but really difficult to find the information - any suggestions? Dont really want to stay in Dubrovnik if poss.

Cheers for your help in advance!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Korkula Adventures

I've been researching possible trip to Croatia. I think your best bet is to take the ferry. or catamaran. They are not daily. Also might involve doing overnight in Dubrovnik.. korculainfo.com/ferries/ferry-dubrovnik-korc…

Here is another page which detail several other options including a shuttle van and buses...

korculaexplorer.com/#/…4553950377

Edited: 2:37 pm, March 27, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Korkula Adventures

tx Cat C will check it out.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Korkula Adventures

For those people who need info on buses for 2014 I received this info from Korkyra Travel Agency:

Transfer from Korcula to Dubrovnik town

In May, June, October departure from Korcula is at 7h (big bus), 8h (minibus), 9h (minibus).

During a high season - July, August, September - we have shuttles at 7h (big bus), 8h (minibus), 9h (minibus), 10h (minibus) and 16h (big bus).

Trip takes cca 2 h 15min to Dubrovnik town or cca 2h 45min to airport.

Transfer from Dubrovnik town to Korcula

In May, June, October departure from Dubrovnik to Korcula is at 14h (minibus), 15h (big bus), 17h (minibus).

During a high season - July, August, September - we have shuttles at 9h (big bus), 14h (minibus), 15h (big bus), 17h (minibus) and 18h (minibus).

From Dubrovnik town to Korcula trip takes cca 2 h 15min. From airport it takes 30min longer or cca 2h 45min.

Transfer from Korcula town to Dubrovnik airport or back

Departures from airport to Korcula are 45min before departures from Dubrovnik town (08:15h; 13:15h; 14:15h; 16:15h; 17:15h).

If your flight arrives at 9h, 10h, 11h, 12h... or more than 1h before our regular airport departure time we will organize a special transfer from airport to our office in Dubrovnik old town or bus station where you can put your luggage and wait for your previously booked departure time.

When you travel from Korcula to Dubrovnik airport first we drop off other clients to their accommodation in Dubrovnik area and than we transfer you to the airport

I HAVE NOT USED THESE PEOPLE YET SO NOT RECOMMENDING JUST PROVIDING INFO AS OTHERS SEEM TO BE LOOKING FOR SIMILAR INFO.

Get answers to your questions about Korcula Town