We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept 21st - 28th at the Rio Mar

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
104 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Sept 21st - 28th at the Rio Mar

Thanks in advance for your assistance. My wife and I are going to the Rio Mar later this month, and while we have traveled quite a bit, neither of us have been to PR. We have a car reserved and plan on looking around, but other than the tourist spots; old San Juan, and the like, are there any suggestions for a must see or do while there. Also anyone else there at that time?

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept 21st - 28th at the Rio Mar

If you click on "Things to Do" above, it gives you a good listing of popular attractions in PR.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept 21st - 28th at the Rio Mar

In general, first-time visitors visit Old San Juan, a biobay (in Fajardo or Vieques), El Yunque National Forest, a beach or 2 (Balneario Monserrate in Luquillo, or Flamenco Beach (requires ferry or flight) are good choices), and something "more active" like a sailing catamaran snorkel trip, ziplines, ATV, or horseback riding. If you're looking for activities, you won't be bored here.

Check our blog for DIY info to kickstart your vacation planning .... http://www.PuertoRicoDayTrips.com

Guaynabo, Puerto...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept 21st - 28th at the Rio Mar

A day in Old San Juan - park your car and just wander around

One or more of the trails in El Yunque

A drive to Guavate for Lechon (spit roasted pork) - weekends are busy and lively, midweek calmer but not as many Lechoneras open

Evening Biobay tour at Laguna Grande in Fajardo or do the evening trip over to the one on Vieques

Camuy Caves and or Cueva Ventana west of San Juan

The Las Cabezas de San Juan Nature Reserve Tour is really good with the Conservation Trust of Puerto Rico (Para La Naturaleza) near Fajardo

More ideas for you to check out on my blog www.discoveringpuertorico.com

Edited: 12:54 pm, September 03, 2013
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
104 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sept 21st - 28th at the Rio Mar

Thanks for the input. I will take a look at your blog and see what works. I appreciate your response.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,201 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sept 21st - 28th at the Rio Mar

If you want to try our food, a visit to Guavate is a must.

And beings that you have plenty of time, why not visit Ponce, and/or Culebra or Vieques?

Edited: 9:21 am, September 04, 2013
6. Re: Sept 21st - 28th at the Rio Mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 06, 2014