We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting BA flight to Barbados with union island flight

Great Malvern...
Level Contributor
51 posts
202 reviews
Save Topic
Connecting BA flight to Barbados with union island flight

Considering a trip to Palm Island in December and being quoted for a holiday with BA flight from UK to Barbados and then connecting flight to Union Island for boat to Palm Island. I am worried as the BA flight lands at 15.45 and I think the last flight to union island is 4.30. Is it possible to do this connection? I do not want to end up marooned in Barbados for the night because I missed the flight standing in a queue for passports at Barbados. Has anyone knowledge of this connection or the Virgin flight which I think gets in a bit earlier.

bhp
UK
Level Contributor
402 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting BA flight to Barbados with union island flight

I'm assuming that you will fly with SVG Air from Barbados to Union (someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that LIAT fly to Union) If that is the case then you have a very good chance of making the connection. SVG staff will be at BGI to meet you and get you transferred without clearing customs. At worst your bags might have to wait until the following day so do take essentials in your carry on ( NB put a BIG yellow ribbon on your bags so that the SVG staff can identify them.)

I think that Virgin does get in earlier - if it's on time - so that might be a better option.

essex
Level Contributor
494 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting BA flight to Barbados with union island flight

Yep, virgin gets in earlier, and you will get your connection, ba is a risky connection !

SVG is the airline - much smaller than Liat !

Boston
Level Contributor
380 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecting BA flight to Barbados with union island flight

A rep from palm will meet u get luggage whilee they clear u and issue boarding passes. Excellent process

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,912 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connecting BA flight to Barbados with union island flight

While Vigin gets in earlier, BA is the better airline... so it's a toss up.

5. Re: Connecting BA flight to Barbados with union island flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 31, 2013