We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Studio at sands and dinners

East Syracuse, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Studio at sands and dinners

We have never been to Grace Bay and will be there next month. Booked this trip on our own.

Studio at the Sands 6 nights

Economy rental car

Does someone know what is in the room as far as the kitchenette goes? Most importantly the coffee situation. Do they provide coffee? What type of coffee maker is available?

And then for the pm- dinner. Best recs? We don’t like sushi. And nothing $$$$$$!

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

13 replies to this topic
Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,193 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Studio at sands and dinners

The Sands studio has a kitchenette that includes a sink, paper towels, dish soap, toaster, microwave, utensils, plates, cups, glasses, a corkscrew, can opener. The coffeepot is a 4 cup drip style and they give you 3 or 4 packs of coffee (2 reg and 2 decaf), some tea bags, packets of sugar. You can bring your favorite coffee or ask housekeeping for some more packets. The refridge is under the counter with a very small freezer section. Washer and dryer comes with one single load box of detergent.

The Graceway Gourmet grocery store is a 5 min. car ride away so you can stock up.

Lots of restaurant suggestions on this forum, Hemingways is on site and Bay Bistro is a 3 min. beach stroll to the left.

Edited: 2:18 pm, September 15, 2018
Connecticut
Level Contributor
47 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Studio at sands and dinners

There is a locally roasted coffee on island, you can find it at the grocery stores and some other places like Shay Cafe (I really liked it). Cheaper eats would be Big Al's, Skull Rock Cantina, Danny Buoys, Shay Cafe, Shark bites.Other places are very good but pricier. Do note that at many places we found the entrees to be very big and had a hard time finishing. We started to split an app and an entree instead which also saved money.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
462 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Studio at sands and dinners

I would bring this and a small frying pan to add to what you can cook in your room.

https:/…

Edited: 4:47 pm, September 15, 2018
East Syracuse, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4. Re: Studio at sands and dinners

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I expect breakfast in the room. Split something from the beach menu or Hemingway’s for lunch and then out to dinner.

Looking forward to some beach and relaxations time. Also will look into snorkeling.

Can’t wait!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Studio at sands and dinners

Add Jack’s Fountain to restaurant list

If you get a car rental (if trying to save money more economical in long run than taxi) then add to list:

Baci

Da Conch Shack

Bugaloos

Angela’s top of cove deli (closes at 6)

Chinsons

ny
Level Contributor
217 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: Studio at sands and dinners

Groceries are a great idea but be prepared to pay twice what you pay at home.

Also I'm sure it was an omission but Turks Kabob is an excellent reasonably priced choice ( I think its rated #2 or #3)

lastly get a price from Grace bay car rentals for their "character cars"...not on their website....cars run great....may be 4 or 5 years old models with dings or scratches

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,343 posts
92 reviews
7. Re: Studio at sands and dinners

I almost positive Turks Kebab is closed for slow season during their time.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
42 posts
8. Re: Studio at sands and dinners

I second Angela's Top of the Cove and Baci. We like Mango Reef (was at the Sands), Big Als (I get the sliders) and Danny Buoys.

Level Contributor
375 posts
60 reviews
9. Re: Studio at sands and dinners

Coffee on the island is awful, have a favourite brand? Bring it with you , trust me I spend 4 months of the year inTurks and I bring my own coffee for those mornings 😎

Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
302 reviews
10. Re: Studio at sands and dinners

We also bring our the coffee we drink at home with us. I'll make a pot when we get up, have a cup before our 4 mile walk, come back and go to breakfast, then have a couple of cups while sitting on the balcony gazing at Grace Bay.

In fairness to the coffee on the island, we haven't tried any other than what is served at breakfast at our resort.

Reply to: Studio at sands and dinners
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grace Bay