We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

multigenerational family trip

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
68 reviews
multigenerational family trip

Looking for a place in the US for a 4 or 5 day family vacation that will include grandparents, adult children and grandchildren ranging in age from 9 to 21 over Thanksgiving or Christmas in 2011 or 2012. Hoping to find a place where food is included if possible. Wondering if this is possible without going on a cruise.

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: multigenerational family trip

Near New York? How about Mohonk Mountain House?

Not too many places have food included, though you can arrange that at Disney resorts.

Dude ranches often include food. There might be some open in Texas or Arizona at that time of year.

The camps in the Poconos or the Adirondacks -- I don't think they're open in the winter, but they might be. Same with Saratoga.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
355 posts
103 reviews
2. Re: multigenerational family trip

Hi Hushaphone,

I have not traveled to any of these sites so I cannot endorse them, but can provide you the leads to do your own research on! All have all-inclusive plans and tend to be highly rated for families:

Mackinac Island - Grand Hotel

Pennsylvania - Woodloch Pines

Highland, NY - Rocking Horse Ranch (Dude Ranch)

New Paltz, NY - Mohonk Mountain House as mentioned by ainwa

Vermont - Tyler Place

Lake Wales, FL - Westgate River Ranch (Dude Ranch)

Good luck and have fun searching! Let us know what you end up with!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
12,266 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: multigenerational family trip

Do you have a state or region of the US in mind? Will you drive or fly? Due to the prospect of poor weather in December I would suggest that you go for Thanksgiving. Keep in mind that if flying these will be the times when airfares will be the highest sorry to say.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,040 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: multigenerational family trip

Not all inclusive, but consider Calloway Gardens Resort, outside Atlanta. Perfect for Thanksgiving.

callawaygardens.com/resort/georgia-resort.as…

5. Re: multigenerational family trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, October 16, 2012