We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental vans for big family in Greece

Coronado (San Diego)
Level Contributor
33 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Rental vans for big family in Greece

Our family of 8 (Mom, Dad and six kiddos ages 8 to 24) will tour the Peloponnese for 8 days in early July and are trying to decide on a van to rent. Swift Car Rental has a Citroen Jumpy (called a Dispatch in England and Ireland) and Budget Greece has a Volkswagen Transporter ( more expensive, by $440) Not looking for a Suburban of course but don't want to be too squished and need some room for luggage. Can't tell about the size from the pictures and would appreciate anyone's experience!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental vans for big family in Greece

Hi, please try to post this query in Greece forums.

Coronado (San Diego)
Level Contributor
33 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental vans for big family in Greece

Thanks...i've tried both forums to see if anyone has real life experience with how spacious or not spacious these vehicles are!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental vans for big family in Greece

actually, the van is very comfortable and very good for 8 to 10 people to feel comfortable, we have had hired one one time but we were 12 and it' was great as well, i only asked you to repost your query in Greece forums to get direct and helpful information, that's all

in which concerning the vehicle i think it will be good and recommended for family and groups to travel.

have a nice trip,

S

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental vans for big family in Greece

Are these vehicles available at a show room anywhere near you?

When we were deciding a vehicle to rent for a family holiday in Europe we went to a car dealer that was selling them & measured to see if our luggage would fit in the boot space!

Coronado (San Diego)
Level Contributor
33 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental vans for big family in Greece

Thank you all!

When you mentioned the van was very comfortable, was that the Volkswagen? Great idea too about checking them out in person...I know there are Volkswagen dealers here in California and perhaps the same model might be available to peek at. Pretty sure though the Citroen isn't sold here. (I hadn't heard of it before!)

It's going to be an awesome trip...whether we're a little squished or not!

6. Re: Rental vans for big family in Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 01, 2012