We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot or not???

South Wales
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hot or not???

Hi!

I'm looking for a family holiday destination this summer (July/August) where the temperature will be in the mid 20's. My husband can't cope with too much heat and yet all the summer holiday destinations tend to be 'really' hot, but my kids love to do the beach/swimming pool thing and I'm at a loss where to go! Any suggestions would be really welcome.

Thanks all!

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot or not???

Tee hee, mid twenties in the summer. Around here that's downright COLD!

For those of us who don't think in Centigrade, 24C is about 75F. Pretty cool for July and August. To stay that cool mountains might be in order, in the US at least.

Edited: 9:05 pm, January 06, 2010
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot or not???

Queensland coast north of Brisbane all the way to Cairns is great that time of year. Too far? Maybe try Bretagne, Normandy and other coasts in northern France. Or Belgium, Holland or Denmark or stay South Wales-lol-

My country (NL) has countless options and it seldomly gets over 25C. Glorious beaches and lots of themeparks not that far away. I'm not biased of course ;)

Tet

bristol uk
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot or not???

We have discovered the atlantic coast of Portugal - heat tempered by, often strong, atlantic breezes, very Portugese and fabulous beaches. Easyjet fly into Lison from Bristol so that might be worth a look ; just a word of caution with children you would need to pick your seaside town carefully because of the strength of the tides/height of the waves - the beaches are well lifeguarded during the main summer holiday weeks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hot or not???

My own area as well as further up in Virginia and Kentucky might all suit you, though it's hard to judge weather nowadays with climate erradification and all. In July the average in low elevations in eighty, though in the higher elevations it's in the sixties or seventies (depending where you are). Could be what you're looking for.

5. Re: Hot or not???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 08, 2010