We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

InternationalVacation.com Ripoff

Weston, FL
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
InternationalVacation.com Ripoff

I booked a two-night stay at the King Christian (avoid it) in St. Croix through InternationalVacation.com and paid everything up front to get the best price. When I checked out, the hotel told me I should have paid nearly $100 less. I had to take it up directly with International Vacation who just said the hotel shouldn't have given me a folio. What?? I've received a folio every time I checked out of a hotel. International Vacation showed no interest in making things right. Stay away from InternationalVacation.com

Irving
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: InternationalVacation.com Ripoff

When you made your reservation, you agreed to pay a best available rate based on RACK rates and that's why you added your credit card to guarantee your reservation. We provided the voucher to you, hotel should have provided you what we were going to pay them. Expedia, travelnow, travelocity and ANY company in the world, as a business, they will make a proffit out of it (that's why is called a business, right?). Why then, should we give you a any money back exactly? You paid less than the posted rack rates at hotel website... isn't that a good deal?

Weston, FL
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: InternationalVacation.com Ripoff

Absolutely nothing wrong with making a profit. And I’ve traveled enough to have used all of the companies you mentioned. None of them have ever sent me to a hotel that told me I paid $100 more than I should have when I checked out. Furthermore, if propriety was ever in question, the other companies always valued my business enough to make things right. My point is, I feel that International Vacations showed no interest in me or my future business – just the money in my wallet. I further believe that travelers deserve to know that’s how you do business. And that’s not a good deal for anyone.

3. Re: InternationalVacation.com Ripoff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, September 29, 2009