My husband, 12 year old b/g twins and my 80 year old parents are considering the Tauck Bridges Danube River cruise beginning in Budapest mid-summer. There are very few reviews about this trip online. I have read one excellent travel journal type review on this forum but it doesn't cover the whole trip and ends after the second cruise day (it seemed). My questions to those of you who have been on this Bridges trip or one very similar are:
1) Can a family of 4 fit into the Category 7 cabin? There is a pull out couch and we plan to bring an airbed but are wondering if a twin airbed will fit too. Not that we plan to spend much time there.
2) Is it picturesque and pretty? I have read a few reviews that say the Danube is like a freeway with too much traffic and river boats 'stacked up'. Would love to hear your experience of cruising on the Danube in general.
3) Are there many very young kids on board? Say under 8 (the recommended age for the cruise). One review complained of a lot of noisy running around and ill behaved kids, but this was one review only, so there is no way to know if it is a generalized problem or not.
4) What was your favorite thing on the Tauck itinerary and your favorite find not on their itinerary?
5) Biggest 'pro' and 'con' of your trip.
It's an expensive trip and one that we probably won't be able to repeat with our older parents so I want to make sure it lives up to our expectations. Thank you for any help you can offer!!