We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Worldwide
Search

Ace Telecom

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
119 posts
29 reviews
53 helpful votes
Ace Telecom
Save

I found an old thread with all sorts of misinformation about this company, and since I just had an issue that they cleared up for me overnight, I wanted to give praise. Instead I found lots of untrue postings about them closing, which perplexed me. I've never not been able to reach them, and I've had their SIM for 4-5 years now, just adding on when I needed it. So instead of lies and untruths, I thought I'd post the great experience I've had with them.

Yesterday I turned on my phone to charge it and check my balance (I keep a dedicated phone for Europe). The SIM kept showing as unregistered, so I called to find out what was going on...this card has worked fine for years. I spoke to Frank, and he said he'd get tech support to look into it. About a half hour later he called back and said they didn't know what had happened, but he was overnighting a new SIM to me (we're leaving soon). Sure enough, the card arrived and works fine. This is the kind of service that I've always had with them...years ago we had problems in Italy, which I think was actually the phone we had at the time. He very patiently worked with me to get it going. I don't know about anyone else, but that's the kind of customer service that keeps me with a company. I would highly recommend them. Yes, it's a call-back, which is only a minor inconvenience, but you get a UK number and a US number for those at home to reach you without paying a fortune. Calls are only $.49 from France to the US. I haven't found any who beat that.

Because of the great service I got (whew, I have a working cell for France...I was worried), I wanted to let others know of my good experience. Too often we only write about the negatives, and I like to give praise when it's been earned.

45 replies to this topic
Oakland, California
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
1. Re: Ace Telecom
Save

Thanks for the posting, Sherrala. I'm going to Paris in May and am researching European SIM card vendors. I had also seen the negative reviews from 2011. Based on your review, I may give Ace Telecom a try.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
119 posts
29 reviews
53 helpful votes
2. Re: Ace Telecom
Save

Glad to help. The only thing you should be aware of is that (and he explained it to me when I spoke to him) in order to keep costs down, they no longer use Orange (I think that's the one) so you have to manually set your phone to pick up a different network. It wasn't a big deal and worked fine for us. But just FYI so you're not surprised by this. Again, he was completely upfront about this when we talked, and he's been nothing but great to deal with. Good luck...

Florida
Level Contributor
17,434 posts
15 reviews
31 helpful votes
3. Re: Ace Telecom
Save

I also ordered a Worldtravelsim from Ace... it was received timely with instructions, and all worked fine. We went to Paris last September and I became ill with a world's worst cold, and so didn't utilize very much. It was a call-back type service, but worked fine once I understood that. I am keeping the SIM for future use (bought non-smart Samsung phones on eBay), but next trip will be taking our regular smart phones. No reflection on ACE, just a personal choice. (our regular phones are still locked to Sprint).

1 post
4. Re: Ace Telecom
Save

I am going to Europe and was nervous about purchasing their phone due to the other reviews I saw, so thank you for speaking up on your experience. I am going with your review as it is the most up to date that I have seen!

Happy Travels!

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Ace Telecom
Save

I just came back from 12 days in Egypt. I used my World Travel Sim (ACE Telecom) to call the states once a day and it worked great. This was in Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, and aboard a small ship on the Nile river. I also used it at the Airport in Paris. I recharged my phone with a Top-up purchase on ebay from world Travel while in Egypt. This also worked great. I decided that for my next trip overseas I needed to upgrade to a smart phone so I could check local rail times and attractions. I called World Travel upon return to the US and spoke w/ Frank. I have spoken with him several times over the years and he always provides great service and advice. He advised me on what type of phone I needed and told me to call him once the phone arrived. He will help me configure it for the World Travel Sim card I already own.

What I like about World Travel (ACE Telecom) is the great service (a real person answers their phone!) and that the funds I put in my account never expire. No monthly charge and no requirement to make a monthly call to keep the account alive.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
9 helpful votes
6. Re: Ace Telecom
Save

I'm planning an upcoming trip to London, Scotland, and Ireland Oct/Nov of 2015. I have been looking around for cell phone to take with us instead of using our own phones. So far, Ace seems to offer the best deals/rates. A u.s. number and an international number. Also need a decent smartphone for gps/email, etc. I will definitely be trying them and will update this post after our trip.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
7,564 posts
33 reviews
11 helpful votes
7. Re: Ace Telecom
Save

Who is your current provider in the U.S.? If T-Mobile, just use your current phone>

United Kingdom
1 post
8. Re: Ace Telecom
Save

We are a UK Based VoIP wholesale buyer/Seller. We offers Direct and Transit routes from international carriers only predictable CLI to most destinations extensive fraud protection

Exceptional international voice quality for your demanding retail traffic

Looking to buy A-Z routes at good prices, with best quality.

Contact us at:

PRESENCE NETWORK LIMITED

25 Woodrush Road, Purdis Farm, Ipswich IP3 8RB

Email: noc@presence-networks.uk

Tel: 07467264585

Saint Louis...
2 posts
9. Re: Ace Telecom
Save

I purchased a phone and Sim Card in November 2015 to use in the UK. It was much cheaper than the UK pay as you go and a lot cheaper than ATT. Worked perfectly, Frank was a responsive resource over a few teething problems and I was delighted. The phone number is issued from the Isle of Man and UK residents when choosing Cell Phone services can opt in or out of Channel Island Service. If they opt, out anytime they call you it gets expensive for them when using a cell phone.

I agree with the positive reviews.

Saint Louis...
2 posts
10. Re: Ace Telecom
Save

I purchased a phone and Sim Card in November 2015 to use in the UK. It was much cheaper than the UK pay as you go and a lot cheaper than ATT. Worked perfectly, Frank was a responsive resource over a few teething problems and I was delighted. The phone number is issued from the Isle of Man and UK residents when choosing Cell Phone services can opt in or out of Channel Island Service. If they opt, out anytime they call you it gets expensive for them when using a cell phone.

I agree with the positive reviews.

Reply to: Ace Telecom
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted