We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best light weight luggage

Chesterfield...
2 posts
best light weight luggage

I am in the market for good lightweight luggage for air travel. Any suggestions?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: best light weight luggage

Go to www.ricksteves.com . I use the Convertible Carry On on a regular basis. I use them for my work and for pleasure travel. I like them so much, I have 3 of them, plus various other bags and accessories sold by his company.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: best light weight luggage

Also, don't forget packing cubes for your luggage. They're like drawers for your bag. It's very easy to move small bundles around to look for something vs. pulling the entire contents of your bag, then having to repack. For more good tips, go to the Graffiti Wall in the Rick Steves website.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
5,434 posts
151 reviews
56 helpful votes
3. Re: best light weight luggage

I have already replied to your other post on the subject. Flylite have proved very good (and reasonably priced), especially for fitting Ryanair's and Easyjet's strict sizes.

Hong Kong, China
14 posts
4. Re: best light weight luggage

Check globalluggage.com and see there have yours.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
1 post
140 reviews
62 helpful votes
5. Re: best light weight luggage

i am sooo tempted to ditch my old luggage for an IT LUGGAGE. so lightweight! i recommend it for carry-on but not really for check-in luggage. see it for yourself. for the check-in luggage, i am satisfied with my delsey, just pick the lightest one you can find. i got soft side that expands. but i just travelled in hong kong with a friend and her hard side victorinox is so nifty and light. i wouldn't mind switching next time too.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
11,822 posts
28 reviews
28 helpful votes
6. Re: best light weight luggage

Johnny K,

I hope your Rick Steves' bags aren't packed with a Rick Steves' travel guide!

The RS bags seem heavier than necessary, certainly a bit more than comparable Kipling or Eastpack (Kipling's cheaper offshoot). (Kipling also makes a convertible carryon)

I have an Eastpack 2 wheel bag that seems huge inside and takes more than I need for 4-6 weeks but falls within carryon size for major airlines. It is also very light although clearly the lightest bags are bags without wheels.

Edited: 11:36 am, October 30, 2013
7. Re: best light weight luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:11 pm, April 03, 2014
Washington, D.C...
Level Contributor
36 posts
66 reviews
84 helpful votes
8. Re: best light weight luggage

Re. the travel cubes. Other travel sites call them a waste of money. I considered and looked at but didn't think they would add any value. Plus, they're expensive.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
9. Re: best light weight luggage

Planning my pack for a 70 day journey thru SEAsia & China with my soft pack 35kg

Quik dry underware 3

" " " sox 3

" " " tee shirts 3

Toiletries

Quik dry towel

Sneakers

Quik dry shorts 3

" " board shorts

Sundries like fone/tablet charger

Total weight 4.7kg

Checkin wearing jeans and 4th tee & my thongs

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
10. Re: best light weight luggage

Hi dear

This is always good good carry light weight luggage bag. Travelling need to be comfortable. For bags you can check online, many websites are available. Or ever you can compare it.