We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paklite or samsonite

Cape Town
Level Contributor
27 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
paklite or samsonite

I'm looking to buy a new suitcase - I'm in South Africa, and we don't have a whole lot of choice, alas. I had a soft suitcase, but borrowed my dad's hard-shell samsonite several times & definitely prefer the hard-shell. I also need 4 wheels, spinners, but the divisions inside aren't necessary.

I've been looking at Samsonite & Paklite (which is a bit cheaper than the pricey samsonites).

Does anyone have any experiences with these?

I' d also like to know how resistant the high-shine suitcases are? They look as if they may scratch easily - anyone had experiences with these?

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,764 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paklite or samsonite

There are quite a few threads on this topic. Put luggage in the search box to find them.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paklite or samsonite

I like Jansport Footlocker 25" and also the Eastpak Transfer M, both excellent cases 50/50 split

Cape Town
Level Contributor
27 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paklite or samsonite

Thanks very much, all! Ended up getting a Samsonite & so far am v happy with it.

4. Re: paklite or samsonite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions