We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Engaged in Dubai in May

Save Topic
Getting Engaged in Dubai in May

Hi,

I am travelling to Dubai in May with my (hopefully) future fiancé and need advice on where to get engaged.

I an staying at Le Méridien hotel and was thinking of proposing at the Burj Khalifa or Burj Al Arab.

Any suggestions or romantic ideas. Like most guys I'm not very good when it comes to the romantic stuff!

Tom

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
151 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Engaged in Dubai in May

burj al arab might be an ideal place since it is an hotel and will be able to accommodate your requests.. burj khalefa is always crowded and i dont know if you would be ok in proposing in an open audience! also be-careful, too much show of affection in public is not as per the culture in uae!

there are a few more romantic places in dubai -

you might want to hire a boat and propose on the dubai marina

which le-meridien are you staying? there is a nice beach access to jumeirah hotel which can be explored!

grosnover house has a beautiful rest. which can be explored

also at the atlantis there is an underwater sea rest. where you might find it romantic to propose!

Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Engaged in Dubai in May

Thanks for your reply - I had been really struggling for ideas!

I am staying at Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina but would prefer to do it outside the hotel somewhere.

The Berj Khalifa might be a bit busy alright but still probably top of the list - I hadnt thought about the public affection issue. Is a kiss and hug ok??

Any other suggestions?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
151 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Engaged in Dubai in May

mina seyahi can arrange a patio for you on the beach if you request them.

hug & kiss is fine untill its not over done..

if u do choose burj khalifa, make sure its the sunset time, since that is the most beautiful time to be up there. also consider it takes from 20 min to aaprox 1 hrs to go up or come down at times depending upon the crowd, you might want to check the dubai forum on this.

just search for the term burj khalifa and u would have all the results with you.

best of luck, do let me know your experience

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Engaged in Dubai in May

If you do choose the Burj Khalifa, book a ticket in advance as they do sell out at popular times. You can book online before you go and it will save you money too. 125AED if booked on line for a date and time and 400 when you arrive if you want to go up at that time, if there is space.

http://www.burjkhalifa.ae/en/

5. Re: Getting Engaged in Dubai in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, May 02, 2014