We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

beirut
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

Hey everyone:),

My husband's birthday is on 5th October and I'm thinking of surprising him with a 4 day trip somewhere nice.

Which country do u think will make his bd a really memorable one?

Ps: we've been married for almost 20 years and are in early 40( if that might help:))

Thank you in advance

beirut
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

Hi everyone :),

I've finally limited my choices to two: Athens or Portugal

I've been doing some research on both ( bearing in mind that it's December I'll b there)

I'll let you know where my heart will settle finally:)

Thank you again for your suggestions

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,087 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

I've been to both Athens and Portugal(Lisbon)..................both interesting cities to explore....................the Acropolis in Athens is something you won't want to miss, as is the Plaka District (Old Town), I don't know where in Portugal you mean.....Lisbon is beautiful, and great for walking, but there are lovely beaches out of the city, and Sintra is a lovely town with beautiful old castles to visit.................

beirut
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

Eden ,

Thank you so much for your input :)

Yes, I'm thinking Lisbon . I have been reading so much about it that I feel I'm there already!!

Hope you'll consider Beirut one day since you obviously have the travel bug!:)

I'll keep u posted.. Till then take care :)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,087 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

Thanks sarah.......it will be nice to know where you decide to go and how it went...................Lisbon has this great Castle up at the top of the city.....I believe the Castle of St. George.........it's a great place to visit and the view of the city is amazing from there.......when I was there, they had all these gorgeous peacocks running around the grounds outside of the Castle...they were very entertaining ........................good luck with your choice...it will be great whatever you decide.....I have a very good friend who has family in Beirut, perhaps she and I could take a trip there someday....

:)

Michigan, USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

It sounds like you have already decided on Portugal. Perhaps for your next vacation you might consider Spain. I studied there and also went back on vacation with my husband and absolutely love it. There is so much to do there in the north and the south, something for everyone! Hope you have a great time :)

16. Re: Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, December 15, 2013