We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the Ideal Honeymoon?

3 posts
1 review
What is the Ideal Honeymoon?

HI there fellow travellers, I am currently embarking on the biggest journey of my life yet and that is getting married, I would like to know of some your experiences to help us choose the perfect honeymoon for us both.

Dyersburg, Tennessee
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: What is the Ideal Honeymoon?

I too am getting married in a few months, and I'm having trouble as well. Although my problem is a little different. Last September we sent to Playa Del Carmen in Mexico and had a wonderful time at a all-inclusive resort. While there we toured the Mayan ruins at Tulum, and went down a little farther to the Boca Pila and the "boutique" hotels in that area. We loved it so much that we went back there in March of this year. It was a wonderful place for a Honeymoon, lots of beach, sun, sand, relaxation, good food, etc. Everything, but lots of crowds and people. We felt we almost had the place to ourselves. It is right out of a Corona commerial! (if that's what you like?) Now I'm having a hard time finding somewhere else that is as idlic as Tulum. We stayed at Neuva de Vida and it was absoltuely WONDERFUL!!! I almost wished we had saved it for our Honeymoon! If you have any suggestions as to another place as wonderful, let me know.

Texas
Level Contributor
323 posts
11 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: What is the Ideal Honeymoon?

that's a tall order - The perfect honeymoon is anywhere with your soul mate - period. That being said, I can only share my own experience: Italy for two weeks. One week in Rome to see the sites and one week on the Amalfi Coast to relax in a villa and swim/eat/shop. Great mix of sites and relaxation - I, personally, think you're crazy if you do not plan some "down-time" during a honeymoon. Italy = fantastic food, people all around you that embrace romance, the coastline of Italy, history, etc etc.

Other places that come to mind for a great honeymoon:

1. Banff, Canada

2. Napa Valley

3. Florida Keys

4. Spain

5. Thailand

St. Davids, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
22 reviews
15 helpful votes
3. Re: What is the Ideal Honeymoon?

Hello

We got married last September and my husband arranged a surprise honeymoon to S Africa.

We spent 5 days in Cape Town, we got to see penguins, whales and of course Table Mountain.

We didn't need 5 Days there.. but it was nice to see.. and there's some good restaurants on the waterfront.

Next we went on safari for 3 or 4 days (can't remember) on a private game reserve..

http://www.kwamadwala.net/

I cannot recommend this place enough.. it's the perfect place to spend a honeymoon.. the views are gorgeous, they have a small spa to have a massage etc.. it's only a small reserve so they don't have loads of animals, but as a first time safari like it was for us it was great. You get to stay in private "huts" with their own private balcony and outside shower.. Absolute bliss...

and you make lots of friends as you go out with the same people every day on your game drives.

After that we carried on to Zambia for 3 days to see victoria falls.. we stayed in the Zambezi sun

sun-city-south-africa.com/sun-international-…

(sorry this is the only website I could find)

The hotel was OK, but unbelievably expensive when you are there, ie for food etc.. but is right next to the falls and there are LOADS of excursions that the hotel will arrange for you.

There are zebras and giraffes that walk round the hotel too.

We went on a helicopter ride over the falls, went on a sun set cruise up the Zambezi and walked with Lions!!

Hope this gives you some inspiration!

Bex

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
12 helpful votes
4. Re: What is the Ideal Honeymoon?

I think you need to sit down with you future bride and talk about what you want to do on your honeymoon. I have clients that want to climb mountains, go on zip lines in the jungle. While others want to sit on the beach and relax after the big wedding. I would recommend an All Inclusive Resort. It is a hassel free honeymoon. You can eat great food. Particpate in scuba diving or water sports. Have nightly entertainment and not have to worry about how much it will cost you in the end.

I really like Sandal's for honeymooners. I think they have the whole package. I have also sent honeymooners to many resorts in Mexico and they have enjoyed it. First I think you need to decide what you want to do. I would love to help you in the planning process if you would like.

PM

Brisbane
1 post
5. Re: What is the Ideal Honeymoon?

Ideal Honeymoon would only be realized if you are 100% certain that you truly are the Ideal couple. But personally, jacuzzi, expensive champagne and surprise fireworks display by the beach would be the Ideal Honeymoon for me. And speaking of by the beach, there's a lot of great spots in Australia. And that's a fact!

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
11 helpful votes
6. Re: What is the Ideal Honeymoon?

For a honey moon and also for Romance, the perfect ideea is Skiathos. There I asked my girlfriend to become my wife. She didn't say no, and not only because i am handsome::))). Skiathos is the place where you have everything, the beaches are ok, just a few know for example, the hidden beach where you can go on a hidden road ,throutgh the forest(it is near Koukounaries)...

…blogspot.com/2009/05/de-ce-sa-alegi-skiatho…

Boston...
Level Contributor
9 posts
62 reviews
29 helpful votes
7. Re: What is the Ideal Honeymoon?

My husband and I were married in early September of 2007 and we went to St. John (one of the US Virgin Islands). We stayed at Caneel Bay for a week and had an amazing honeymoon. We did a lot of on-site snorkeling at the many beaches they have at the resort, lazed around on the beach, ate great food (their breakfast buffet is amazing!), explored the island and enjoyed the absolutely stunning views. The donkeys on the resort are especially amazing!

We chose to go to Caneel Bay becuase after the stress of the wedding planning and being around our families for the whole wedding weekend it was important to us to have some downtime just the two of us. It was a very relaxing, romantic and fun honeymoon, and it that's what you're looking for I can't recommend going to Caneel Bay highly enough.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
195 helpful votes
8. Re: What is the Ideal Honeymoon?

Nobody can help you to choose your perfect honeymoon. Just looking on the first page of this forum you will see people who's ideal honeymoon is skiing, Antarctic, English country cottage as well as the usual sun spots.

Talk to your future spouse and discover what you have in common and what you both would consider a memorably holiday.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,910 posts
211 reviews
464 helpful votes
9. Re: What is the Ideal Honeymoon?

OK..rainy wet and cold....

it's your honeymoon not a holiday..why would you want to do anything but enjoy each other...

In 20 years time think about where to go together...

Athens
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
22 helpful votes
10. Re: What is the Ideal Honeymoon?

Hello there,

We got married in February and just got back from our Honey moon.

We were suppose to go to Mexico ,but with all that flue head lines we didn’t dare leaving Athens.

Even I do leave in Greece ( I am not Greek),I highly recommend Santorini Island! There is no more romantic place that this.

You can spend few days in Santorini and few days in Athens or even Rome.

Second good idea is Mediterranean cruise. You get to visit more places, but still you don’t have to repack your suitcases at every stop.

What ever you decide, I am sure you will have wonderful time with person you love.

Get answers to your questions