We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon destination ideas for end of June 2018

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon destination ideas for end of June 2018

Hey there :)

I'm forever searching other forums on this topic and thought I'd be better off asking myself as I can never find what I'm looking for lol. I get married end of June next year and hoping to go on our honeymoon around the 25th. We have been looking at long haul destinations, but many of the long haul destinations say that it is either rain or monsoon season around that time! :(

We have been looking at riviera Maya in Mexico but would love to hear any ideas you lovely people may have?

Thank you so much in advance

*Edit - I know Mexico is bad for the Zika virus right now so any suggestions for destinations where that's not an issue would be muchly appreciated !

Edited: 5:18 pm, March 20, 2017
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
44,512 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon destination ideas for end of June 2018

Hawaii is fabulous in the summer - have you thought of that? Fiji is also good . . . I also love that area of Mexico, but that is hurricane season. How many days do you have? Are you looking at a beach holiday or something different? Perhaps share as much as you can with us so we can better help you. :)

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon destination ideas for end of June 2018

We are planning on going for two weeks! We don't want to be stuck by a pool the whole time, we love the beach and activities such as snorkelling and exploring:)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,512 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon destination ideas for end of June 2018

Will you be willing to rent a car? Or do you need an area with public transportation? Budget for your 2 weeks? Nightlife needed or something more rural? :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon destination ideas for end of June 2018

I don't really know what "long-haul" means. Have you looked at Malta? It'll be hot in late June/July. There's lots to do.

Ultimately, it's your own responsibility to satisfy yourself that any destination is free of zika virus. And of course the situation can change between now and the time you go on your honeymoon. You can keep informed by checking the websites of the World Health Organization and/or the U.S. Centers for Disease Control.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,512 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon destination ideas for end of June 2018

long haul = long distance. :)

6. Re: Honeymoon destination ideas for end of June 2018

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 24, 2018