We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disabled travel

Sheffield, United...
1 post
Save Topic
disabled travel

Does anyone know if the Jan Kiepura train from Amsterdam to Warsaw has any wheelchair friendly compartments

Also does anyone know what wheelchair facilities are like at Amsterdam and Warsaw stations

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,545 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: disabled travel

I don't know the answer, but you might like to try also asking on the forum especially about Travelling with Disabilities: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12336-Travelin…

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,303 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: disabled travel

Yes, the Jan Kiepura has a German wheelchair-accessible 2-berth couchette compartment, adjacent to an accessible toilet.

It has a spacious floor, table, and upper and lower couchettes, at one end of the couchette car. citynightline.de/citynightline/view/en/servi…

The price is as per a 6-berth couchette, so a good deal!

However, I think you'll need to book it by phone by calling DB (UK number 08718 80 80 66, lines open 0900-2000 Mon-Fri, 0900-1300 weekends)

Edited: 5:52 am, March 04, 2013
3. Re: disabled travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 06, 2014