We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable Fitness/spa vacation

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
101 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable Fitness/spa vacation

My mother and I are looking for a spa or retreat where we can do yoga, hike and eat healthy. We would like to go in the beginning of March and would like to keep the cost low. Ideally we would like 3-4 nights for under 1250 per person for the whole stay. We don't need it to be overly luxurious just clean and relaxing. Does anyone have suggestions of places to go?

Newton...
Level Contributor
638 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable Fitness/spa vacation

Hi sorrmar,

Welcome to the new Spa Vacations forum - thanks for being the first to post here! Where are you looking to travel? Do you have a general idea of how far you'd like to go?

Once I know where you're looking to travel, I can ask a few of our destination experts for that location to help you out. You can read more about destination experts here:

tripadvisor.com/help/who_are_the_destination…

Thanks for being a part of our travel community!

TA_Sara

tampa,fl
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable Fitness/spa vacation

Red mountain spa in Utah is fabulous. They run specials all the time. I have been there several times and continue to go at least twice a year.

You can fly into Vegas and they will pick you up and drive you 2 hours to St. George, Utah.

You won't be disappointed.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable Fitness/spa vacation

Our best spa vacations have been Arizona - Scottsdale and Tucson. but, low season is summer - not sure what you could find in Spring, but worth a look! It's beautiful there and the spas are great!

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
81 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable Fitness/spa vacation

Any tips for Spas in Key West, FLA? We'll be there in May.

tampa,fl
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable Fitness/spa vacation

the best spa in key west is the Pier House Carribean Spa. You can stay there overnight or use it as a day spa. It is great. No hiking or anything like that but the services are fantastic.

If you want to fish, contact Mr. Z - you can find him on the internet as well.

There is Little Palm Island but it is quite a ways from Key West. You can view it on the internet. Ocean Key House may have a deal for transportation to Little Palm Island. If you have a full day available, it is worth the trip to go and also have lunch there.

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
81 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Affordable Fitness/spa vacation

Thanks for the info. Friends of ours had lunch @Little Palm last year and I'd love to go. Looks beautiful!

Easton, Pa
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Affordable Fitness/spa vacation

Yes, my husband and I have gone to Southwest Mexico to a spa names IXTAPAN. We love it! We hiked, did yoga, ate healthy, and really relaxed. Service was great as well. You can preview by logging onto www.spamexico.com. They also offer golf packages. My husband is the golfer and was really impressed that he had his own caddy. We are planning to go back next year.

Hope this was helpful!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,976 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Affordable Fitness/spa vacation

Another vote for Red Mountain Spa. Fantastic place!!! I have been several times. It has exactly what you are looking for. I have been with groups of friends as well as just a friend or two. There are a lot of fitness classes to try as well as fantastic hiking (and biking, although I have not done that). Great cooking demonstrations and other seminar type of things to sign up for. Food is very good, and spa treatments are wonderful. I never have to be talked into another trip here, lol!

virginia
Level Contributor
9 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Affordable Fitness/spa vacation

I spent a wonderful week at IXTAPAN del la sol last year in Mexico. Great place and staff and VERY REASONABLE. Alas, the drug crime wave has hit that small town and the mayor was recently killed there for trying to stop the drug trafficing. Also witnessed a ton a Mexican armed police guarding the route back from the spa to the airport.

We've decided not to return this year as the risks just seem too great. We are now in the hunt for an all inclusive spa here in the good ole USA..

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Affordable Fitness/spa vacation

Can anyone suggest a spa for raw food diet? California or Ariz works