We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa waiver programme

Chennai (Madras...
13 posts
Save Topic
visa waiver programme

hi to all.. can you please explain me what is visa waiver programme.. which nationality is entitiled for this programme. i am an indian travelling from Chennai MAA to Anguilla AXA Via

London ----> Antigua-----> Anguillah.. Do i need transit visa to travel through this via or visa waiver programme will allow me to travel without transit visa.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa waiver programme

Visa waiver means some national does not require a visa upon entry of a particular country, normally practiced by good behavioural grounds on economical-sound countries and the country of visit. Indian nationals in my opinion may need visa to a lot of countries but since you guys belong to the Commonwealth , there might be a waiver or visa on arrival

Edited: 11:15 am, November 17, 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,423 posts
474 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa waiver programme

Given the fact you will need a UK visa for Anguilla, and Antigua doesn't require transit visas, you'd be on the safe side as long as you can show a return ticket and proof of sufficient means for your stay.

Chennai (Madras...
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: visa waiver programme

Thank you so much.. Now I have applied for direct air transit visa in UK consulate India. Question is.. I submitted photocopy of work permit,immigrant approval from government of anguilla, employers offer letter, to and fro air ticket.. Do this document will succeed my transit visa???. Appreciated for your reply

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,423 posts
474 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa waiver programme

You have to ask them directly. The information I gave you is taken from Timatic, the database airlines are checking to allow passengers to board the flight or not. That said, my understanding is you will need a full British visa to enter Anguilla, not a transit one. But again, please check with the British consulate.

Chennai (Madras...
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: visa waiver programme

Thank you... If I travel anguilla through Amsterdam and st maarten do Indian need transit visa..

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: visa waiver programme

According to the visa requirements list from The Government of Anguilla website http://www.gov.ai/visas_travel.php, you do need a visa to visit Anguilla if you are from India, no matter where you are transiting from. Make sure you keep an eye on expiry dates (passport as well as visa), whether you are on the visa waiver scheme or not.

7. Re: visa waiver programme

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 03, 2015