We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does Air France compare to airlines like BA?

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
How does Air France compare to airlines like BA?

I've never travelled Air France before and am due to fly to Rio via Paris. Should I be looking forward to the experience? And is the transit through CDG straightforward?

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,997 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How does Air France compare to airlines like BA?

However bad Air France in-flight catering is, at least you're fairly likely to arrive safety. Gotta be better than Cubana ... Air Pakistan's not got the best safety record either.

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How does Air France compare to airlines like BA?

I used BA from Entebbe to Heathrow and back. I did not get any problem with the Airline, all flights were on time.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How does Air France compare to airlines like BA?

<<Exit row occupants must be able to understand instructions in the language they will be shouted in.>>

So, I'm wondering, what language will that be?

I know that on the flight deck the 'international' language used is English, but what about in the cabin?

Air safety briefing is always given in the language of the carrier and English.

So, if there is an emergency, are the instructions given in the language of the airline, the language of the country of origin, the language of the destination country or English?

What, in fact are the regulations?

Nothing to do with AF vs BA I know, but the comment above piqued my curiosity.

14. Re: How does Air France compare to airlines like BA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, May 03, 2013
Get answers to your questions