We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberia Business Class dissapointing

Sydney, Australia
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iberia Business Class dissapointing

Travelled from Madrid to Johanesburg on Iberian Air BusinessPlus.

After experiencing the high quality of service on Qantas Business class recently my experience with Iberian was a let down. Relatively minor issues were rock hard black croissant and luke warm (if that) coffee.

Major issue is one piece of luggage was not available on arrival, and now (approx 4 days after departure) I am told they will try and trace its location. WTF ?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
15,665 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberia Business Class dissapointing

I fly a lot, not necessarily international, mainly domestic US. Almost all the airlines have "lost" my bags at least once overnight, a couple have lost them for more than a day, and one has lost a bag forever. In many cases I was seated in business or first class. To say that Iberia Business Class is "disappointing" because of a lost bag doesn't make much sense to me. To say the airline's customer resolution or baggage resolution is disappointing because they aren't communicating well with you or providing you enough details on your lost bag, makes more sense to me. Just my opinion.

Sydney, Australia
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberia Business Class dissapointing

bk_t1, Iberian thanks you for your support. Please provide your email address to receive a complementary return first class ticket to Madrid.

On a serious note though. I have travelled extensively domestically (almost weekly) for more than a decade, and overseas a few times (not extensive but more than most). This is the FIRST time ever my luggage did not arrive with me on the same plane. This has been a tremendous inconvinience (souvenirs for my 6 y.o. who I haven;t seen for approx 3 weeks and work related stuff).

Have you ever been served a dark brown (almost black) rock hard croissant with almost cold coffee for breakfast ? According to your logic, I should not be disappointed, if you have also on other airlines :-)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
530 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberia Business Class dissapointing

When I comes to delayed lugggage, the more you fly, the odds are you'll get hit with a loss more often. I can count on my bags getting delayed at least once every two months. That's just the way it is.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
45,177 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberia Business Class dissapointing

Delayed luggage might or might not have been IB's fault. After tagging the bag, the airport's handlers do the rest and I don't think they work for IB. Every airline will end up losing your bag for a day or two eventually.

In terms of reputation though, IB is probably not the strongest service-wise.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,106 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberia Business Class dissapointing

I agree. I too have been disappointed with the performance of IB. There are so many other choices that are reliably better... naturally, I only have my experience of 3 flights to go on.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,238 posts
1,162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberia Business Class dissapointing

Hi,

I've travelled on Iberia Airlines business a few times & thought they were okay'

Everyone has different experiences regarding flights & airlines. Qantas was the only airline to have lost my bags but there was a genuine reason due to a huge fiasco with our plane... I was happy just to get off ..so my bags were not my major concern.

We recently flew with all sorts of cheap airlines through Europe & I was so worried that our bags would disappear - so I packed an emergency carry on bag.. it was amazing to see all our bags turning around on the carousel each time.

Edited: 10:08 am, July 22, 2011
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberia Business Class dissapointing

I've lost luggage with BA 3 times in the past 8 years, once permanently. On each of the 3 occassions, I was transiting through LHR, and have now sworn off transiting through LHR. Based on this, I certainly wont call BA a bad airline; their compensation procedures (or lack thereoff) for lost/delayed luggage is another story.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
45,177 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberia Business Class dissapointing

Losing luggage is really the luck of the draw. Knock on wood, I have flown through LHR perhaps 30 times, and only one bag has ever been delayed.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberia Business Class dissapointing

Flying into or out of LHR has never been a problem for me; its the transits (all with 2-3 hour between flights) that have failed me.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,106 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberia Business Class dissapointing

Most of the time delayed bags that I've experienced have been my fault (showing up too close to the cut-off) or from unexpectedly tight connections, such as earlier this month when QF damaged a baggage container and our flight was delayed until they transferred the luggage to a new one... making me have a very short connection in SYD.