We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who will be operating my flight?

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Who will be operating my flight?

I will be travelling on QF31 on 3rd August, Sydney to London Heathrow. How can I find out whether Qantas or BA will be operating this flight??

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,153 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who will be operating my flight?

Flightstats seems to pick this up as a QF flight, QF metal, and BA codeshare. Have you looked at your reservation?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who will be operating my flight?

A little flight number typically means the flight is operated by that carrier.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
47,376 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who will be operating my flight?

This is QF metal.

On most international routes, when you see a 4-digit flight number, that could mean it's a codeshare operated by another airline. Of course, you should check to be sure. Many booking websites tell you that if you click on the details of the flight.

4. Re: Who will be operating my flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 05, 2012