We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel buddy Argentina/Uruguay/Patagonia/Chile Dec 2013-Feb

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
12 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Travel buddy Argentina/Uruguay/Patagonia/Chile Dec 2013-Feb

hi, anyone travelling to the above and want some? I have travelled extensively last year and did meet people along the way, but it's also nice to have some to actually go with as well. Let me know if you are around, initially heading South from Buenos Aires December 2013, travelling until mid Feb or thereabouts.

cheers

Elise

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,668 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel buddy Argentina/Uruguay/Patagonia/Chile Dec 2013-Feb

Hello Elise R,

You might want to read this thread -

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1-i12357-k6825…

2. Re: Travel buddy Argentina/Uruguay/Patagonia/Chile Dec 2013-Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, January 02, 2014
kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
13,123 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel buddy Argentina/Uruguay/Patagonia/Chile Dec 2013-Feb

Holly

I would recommend that you delete your post. This is an unmonitored public forum, and you run the risk of being bombarded by trolls, advertisers and spam. You can send a "pm" to Elise by clicking on her name and using the send message facility.

To delete your post go to "report inappropriate content" in your posting. A drop down menu will appear, and you can then click to delete from there.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
29,110 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel buddy Argentina/Uruguay/Patagonia/Chile Dec 2013-Feb

Elise, you would be welcome to the forum where your experience could help others.

However if you had read the sticky about how to use the forum you would see that this forum is to help and advise people travelling solo - it says this:-

<This forum is for TripAdvisor members to discuss questions you have about traveling by yourself. Its a great place to get advice or hear experiences from other members related to traveling alone, rather than with a partner or with groups. The Solo Travel Forum is different from a "singles" forum, so it's not a place to ask questions about meeting other people to date. Please help this forum stick to its intended purpose by sharing your questions and answers about traveling "solo."

Thanks,

The TripAdvisor Team>

Please be so kind as to adhere to the guidelines.

Half Moon Bay...
Level Contributor
24 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel buddy Argentina/Uruguay/Patagonia/Chile Dec 2013-Feb

I am looking to travel solo to Patagonia next December 2014. I have no idea

how to start planning for this trip. I just know I don't want to go on a tour.

Anyone done this before? Can you go to the town nearby and then get

tour guides from there?

Any help would be appreciated

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel buddy Argentina/Uruguay/Patagonia/Chile Dec 2013-Feb

@Robertag60, that is why they invented guidebooks. Buy a Lonely Planet or Rough Guide or whatever, everything you are asking is explained in those.

Half Moon Bay...
Level Contributor
24 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel buddy Argentina/Uruguay/Patagonia/Chile Dec 2013-Feb

I also thought that thats why they invented Trip Advisor....to ask questions of people who have been there. I have the book. I wanted personal feedback and information.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel buddy Argentina/Uruguay/Patagonia/Chile Dec 2013-Feb

Yeah you're right, those books are written by robots. Much better to go to the Solo Travel forum.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,201 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel buddy Argentina/Uruguay/Patagonia/Chile Dec 2013-Feb

IF you want specific info on Trip Advisor then you need to go to the forum that deals with that specific country/city. It is unlikely that someone on this international solo travel forum will have the information that you seek.

Here is a link to the Patagonia forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294276-i5357-Pata…

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
29,110 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel buddy Argentina/Uruguay/Patagonia/Chile Dec 2013-Feb

Roberta, you say you have no idea how to start planning.

Find out what you want to see and do in Patagonia. You can do this on TA, through Google searchs of websites about visiting the country or with a guide book.

When you know where you want to go find out about transport. Again through reading. Then choose the options that suit you.

From the Patagonia forum you can read what other people are saying, read Solo Trip Reports, read the Top Questions and Travel Articles.

By then you should have a plan. The people on the forums can advise you on the details and fine tuning of your plan.

It will take some work but can be fun doing that planning. Enjoy.