We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling Solo to Salou, Spain

Cheddar, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling Solo to Salou, Spain

Hi there, I have booked an all inclusive holiday to Salou, Spain with my partner however it is looking likely that I will now be travelling alone!!

I have never traveled abroad alone before and am a 22 year old female. How on earth do I go about meeting others to 'hang out' with? I can't say I am overly happy about going alone but I cannot afford to lose my £550 I've paid.

Has anyone got any info on the local area, are there some bus tours etc that I can do? I feel a little bewildered and still want to be able to have a good time.

Thanks,

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
23,145 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling Solo to Salou, Spain

Hi Sbarratt. It's disappointing to have plans changed but set to and once you know what you can do and have it organised it starts to get exciting again.

Going AI doesn't mean you can't leave the resort and go exploring. Especially in Spain. Post as well on the Spanish forum. Probably for the area the resort is in.

Put 'Spanish forum' into the big search box at the top left of the page. A photo with Spanish forum above comes up. Click on the words and that is the link. Have a read of the area forum too for ideas. Check local public transport, walks, cafes.

You will meet people at the hotel likely and they may come up with some things they do to add a bit of the unexpected or local gems.

Cheddar, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling Solo to Salou, Spain

Thank you suebovington I think I have managed to find the forum and post in it!

It's such a shame that this has happened, still I have worked hard all year so I want to enjoy my holiday! I'm going to do a search online later and see if there might be a local 'shop' that sells excursions, sight seeing trips etc. I'm a nervous traveler but once I have arrived am keen to explore the local area.

3. Re: Travelling Solo to Salou, Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 18, 2014